Chaos redirecting files problem

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

ticklemeelmo wrote:if those 2 files redirected.. an admin could put the entire Chaos mod on his server, or one single map with Chaos content.
Just fyi..., even if somebody straightens out this redirect question, we still do not approve of the mod being put into maps like that, and will ask anyone who is doing so, to please stop.

Sorry if we hadn't made that clear.
Killerus

Post by Killerus »

any progress on the server redirect issue. I run a public ONS server and would like to run UT Chaos from time to time. I did the same and uploaded all files to redirect server and when you try to join without it installed you get a server refused to send. I was not sure which files, but a couple have been identified by the original poster.

Do you know what sounds those files effect. If they are not major for the time being it might be possible to run it that way.

I just want people to experience UT chaos. I loved it in UT99 and i love it for 2004. I always install all the different things i like to add to UT. In a perfect world we all would. Truth of the matter is most people don't. I have been telling people to download load cause i would like to run it. However since server is open to public i cant run at this time cause of the redirect issue. People would not be able to join and would go somewhere else. Some will download and install but most won't. Hope something can be figured out on this issue.
jb

Post by jb »

Killerus,

sorry I have been side tracked with other issues and have not been able to get back to that. At first I was not sure why only two sound files did not work correctly. Then I found a possible code bug. I have corrected for it but have not been able to test a work around for it yet. But yes those files are important to have...
Jb
Killerus

Post by Killerus »

i understand thanks for the update.
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

try leaving the files uncompressed on your redirect. That worked for me. You lose the benifit of the comression but the speed increase makes it livable