ChaosNoIntro.ut2 cant be found...why not?

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
ironfistchamp

ChaosNoIntro.ut2 cant be found...why not?

Post by ironfistchamp »

Ok loved the look of this Chaos thingy and loadsa ppl sed its good. So i download the 3.0UMOD (btw im using the 3339 version and hav the ece thing) but after starting it up i get the message saying cant find ChaosNoIntro.ut2. So i get the zipped version ( this time3.6) and still it wont work. How can I fix this?

Anyone?
jb

Post by jb »

send us the log files as its probably missing some files. Look for the chaosut2.log file in your chaosut2\system folder
Jb
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

also

1.How large was the .zip file?
2.Tried copying NoIntro.ut2 from /Maps to /Chaosut2/Maps and renaming it to ChaosNoIntro.ut2?
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Make sure all the files in the zip were extracted to the proper place. Or try the 3.6 umod. If you got the 3.6 upgrade it is likely that if the 3.0 umod was not installed properly, install the upgrade wouldn't help the problem.
jb

Post by jb »

ironfistchamp,

any luck yet?
Jb
ironfistchamp

Post by ironfistchamp »

sorry for the delay.. gcses are a few weeks away (arg). anyway got it working not sure wat happened one timeit just worked. Must hav been my comp its terribly buggy. Going over to linux soon. thanx for the suggestions. nice to kno people out there are actually willing to help. keep up the good work

ps wen using chaos start a deathmatch...use worm weapon replacer to remove all weapons. Massive DM with just melee weapons :D its great on morpheus 3
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

i prefer using the melee only option in ChaosDeathMatch :wink:
WiLiWiLsOn

Post by WiLiWiLsOn »

i had the same problem, which lead to the unnecessary and chaotic :) copying and pasting of Chaos maps into the UT2k4 folder! Turns out i unzipped the contents to 'ChoasUT2' instead of 'ChaosUT2'! Come on, its an honest mistake? is'nt it? :D
jb

Post by jb »

WiLiWiLsOn wrote:i had the same problem, which lead to the unnecessary and chaotic :) copying and pasting of Chaos maps into the UT2k4 folder! Turns out i unzipped the contents to 'ChoasUT2' instead of 'ChaosUT2'! Come on, its an honest mistake? is'nt it? :D
What a typo... I have never done that :oops: :oops: :oops: 8O :D
Jb