Missing Chaos_DoCSounds file

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Prelithe

Missing Chaos_DoCSounds file

Post by Prelithe »

Hello,

I've read that i need the full 3.6, but i'm limited (56k) and i don't wanna download that big file. Can anyone just up the file i need? Here is my log.

Code: Select all

Log: Log file open, 05/08/05 19:01:01
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3355 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Feb 15 2005 17:04:22
Init: Command line: -mod=ChaosUT2 -MainMenuClass=ChaosGames.ChaosGUI_MainMenu
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: E:\PStuff\Games\UT2004\System\
Init: Ini:..\ChaosUT2\System\ChaosUT2.ini   UserIni:..\ChaosUT2\System\ChaosUT2User.ini
Init: Build label: UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: 	nv4_disp.dll/NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 2.544000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Warning: Failed to load 'Chaos_DoCSounds': Can't find file for package 'Chaos_DoCSounds'
Warning: Failed to load 'ChaosGames': Can't find file for package 'Chaos_DoCSounds'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class ChaosGames.ChaosUT_xVotingHandler': Can't find file for package 'Chaos_DoCSounds'
Log: Browse: ChaosNoIntro.ut2?Name=Prelithe?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Romulus?team=255?Sex=M?Voice=XGame.MercMaleVoice
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 16549->16318; refs: 144831
Log: Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Log: Bringing Level ChaosNoIntro.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 3.512000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Warning: Failed to load 'Chaos_DoCSounds': Can't find file for package 'Chaos_DoCSounds'
Warning: Failed to load 'ChaosGames': Can't find file for package 'Chaos_DoCSounds'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class ChaosGames.ChaosUT_xVotingHandler': Can't find file for package 'Chaos_DoCSounds'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class ChaosGames.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController': Can't find file for package 'Chaos_DoCSounds'
IMaster: Could not load interaction [ini:Engine.Engine.GUIController]
Critical: Could not spawn a GUI Controller!
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Double fault in object ShutdownAfterError
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 22 MByte 241 KByte 296 Bytes from HD took 0.159000 seconds (0.118000 reading, 0.041000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.669995 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 05/08/05 19:01:11

TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

sorry to say it(CD really needs to release a seperate mappack and mod),but you need to download full,as patches alone will never work,for any mod

i suggest you use the Beyondunreal link,download accelerator and leave it overnight or two
jb

Post by jb »

The problem is there may be another dependency that you dont know about. UT will only list the first one it hits (in this case DOC Sounds). There maybe more after that.. and thats why a full download is best. If you can not find a friend with a high speed or school or what not and live in the US I can mail you it on a cd-r. However that still will take a few days which download may be faster..
Jb
Prelithe

Post by Prelithe »

Thanks for reply...too bad i don't live in US...so hyped about 3.6...guess i'll wait for the next release and download that. Unless you can mention which one might be smaller: ChoasUT 3.6 full + new release patch or ChaosUT2 New release.
jb

Post by jb »

not sure since we are not to that point yet. But we do have planed a patch from 3.6 full to the next version...
Jb