Weapons Bug/Idea

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Mecha25

Weapons Bug/Idea

Post by Mecha25 »

I use ChaosUT2: Evolution, and I think it is a great mod overall, but I have noticed a few problems, which I was hoping for a little help with. I use a weapon replacer mod with chaos in order to use chaos weapons in combination with the regular weapons and weapons from other mods. But no matter how I try, I cannot get the weapons and ammo to switch properly. I think it would work out okay if there were a drop down menu somewhere in the configuration screen allowing a person to turn off the chaos weapon switching and ammo switching separately and completely, That way only the chaos weapons would attempt to switch ammo types (instead of having the MonkeyMatrixMoves minigun sprouting CUTTER ammo), and the weapons would not switch at all. If this could be included in the next version of chaos I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
jb

Post by jb »

There already is such an option, sorta as this will stop all the weapons/ammo from swaping. You have to edit either the ut2004.ini or chaosut2.ini

Look for the [Chaosgames.chaosut] section and change:

CompatMode to true.
Jb
Mecha25

Post by Mecha25 »

Thanks, that sorta works. It stops the weapons from coming up with the wrong ammo, but it stops the chaos weapons from spawning alternate ammo types. If there was a way to have only the chaos weapons switch ammos, that would be great.
jb

Post by jb »

Hmmm thats a bit out side of the scope of what we wanted to do at this time with the mod....
Jb