New to chaos ut help with dedicated server setup

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
REd Mist

New to chaos ut help with dedicated server setup

Post by REd Mist »

Hi all i'm new to this chaos ut and i like this great mod, problem is i have 1 spare pc that i use to run a dedicated lan gaming server, be it vanilla ut2004 or any other game i have installed, now to save space i have just the dedicated server ut on it but i cannot seem to get access to the chaos ut web admin menu ,all i get is the standard ut2004 web admin interface.From there when i go into the mutators ,Chaos UT is not listed so i cannot configure it, any help on running chaos UT from a dedicated server would be much apreciated, please bear in mind that i am not expierienced in these matters.....
Thanks for any help....
Simy
jb

Post by jb »

How are you launching the dedicated server? There are a few tweaks you will have to do (edit your INI) and want to make sure how you are launching it so I give you the correct info :)
Jb
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

In case you downloaded zip, remember to add serverpackages! :roll:

EDIT:
- C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.ini
- CTRL+F to find "ServerPackages"
- Add "ServerPackages=ChaosUT" and "ServerPackages=ChaosGames"

I guess that should do the trick :)
REd Mist

Post by REd Mist »

ok i dloaded the umod and installed it on my server which added the server packages to ut2004.ini ,then i created a batch file to launch the server with the following line....
@echo off
:10
ucc server DM-Antalus?game=skaarjpack.invasion?mutator=ChaosGames.chaosUT -MOD=chaosut2
goto10

this runs the chaos mutator but i cannot configure the mutator using web admin, or any other way for that matter....
Simy
jb

Post by jb »

Red Mist

I am at work so I can not help you with lots of detail till later. I think you may need to edit your ut2004.ini or chaosut2.ini to load up our webadmin interface and that should give you access to the chaos mut settings in webadmin. Again I wish I had that info in front of me but I wont till I am home :( For normal users the first time you run the mod with the short cut all of the chaos stuff is copied over correctly. The problem happens with dedicated servers becayse these chaos settings are not coppied over to the chaosut2.ini and have to be done by hand usally...
Jb
REd Mist

Post by REd Mist »

jb

Thanks 4 the reply will be looking forward to seeing those ini settings.
@ the moment the chaos webadmin interface is not loading up just the standard ut2004 interface....

update i did a fresh install of chaos ut now i can't login using web admin, i havn't set any passwords or anything should i have? if so where?
Simy
jb

Post by jb »

Make sure in your chaosut2.ini file that you have this set

in [UWeb.WebServer]

Applications[0]=ChaosGames.ChaosUT_UTServerAdmin

and make sure in that same section

bEnabled is set to true

To enable the Xadmin system find the section [Engine.GameInfo]
and change the value of the AccessControlClass= line to XAdmin.AccessControlIni

Try that and let us know!
Jb
REd Mist

Post by REd Mist »

ok got it 2 work am now running the server and can log in , i had to set a asmin user name & paassword in chaosut.ini in order to use web admin, now chaos ut shows up in the web admin mutators and is for now working ok, thanks for your help ...... :D
Simy
jb

Post by jb »

Glad its working!!!!
Jb