I keep crashing?

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
General_Sun

I keep crashing?

Post by General_Sun »

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2002 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6614)

General protection fault!

History: FD3DInternalState::Commit <- FD3DRenderInterface::DrawPrimitive <- ATerrainInfo::Render <- RenderLevel <- Duel-Classical.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Classical <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

:?

I'm not sure if this is a chaos error or not, but can anyone give me some advice on what this is?
High Council member of The Generals
jb

Post by jb »

Sun,

can you give us more details?

1) Does it happen all the time?

2) What steps are you doing to get it to crash? Play a certian map? Gametype? Settings?
Jb
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Pretty sure this isn't a chaos error. Other games are crashing as well. I updated my drivers, no help. Any clue on what the error might be?
Romulus777
Location: in front of my computer waiting for 5 mods to download at once

Post by Romulus777 »

just a suggestion, but run your anti-virus scan and your adware. somthing must be taking quite a bit of memory to force your games to crash.
proxys rule cuz they r funny a proud mac user

Code: Select all

All ur base r blong to us
Viva the Revalution

CLICK HERE! (I need 20+ clicks to win)
jb

Post by jb »

Sun,

what are you doing exactly when it crashes? Trying to play any normal game? Specific ones? ect?
Jb
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Well I only have 2 games installed right now, Rome total war and UT. Both games follow the same pattern. I can play for about 30 minutes no problem, then it suddenly crashes. It crashes every 2 minutes afterwards if I try to play again. It works fine after a reboot though.

I did an adware scan, but I didn't try an Anti-Virus, maybe that'll help.

But I don't think that memory is the problem. Hmm.

Btw, this occured recently and randomly. I have no idea what triggered this. I just uninstalled Starforced Chaos Theory and The Two Thrones though, maybe starforce is the culprit? I removed it though... or at least that's what the official removal tool says...
jb

Post by jb »

Ahh yes starforce does cause games to crash its bad mojo!!!
Jb
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Ugh

I\'ve heard some things about Starforce. Bad things. Apparently it\'s also difficult to remove.