The Amazingly Wrong Info around the net

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

The Amazingly Wrong Info around the net

Post by R.Flagg »

There was a link posted in our IRC channel last night, that led to a thread with some rather amazingly incorrect information. Since I was not only named, but also happen to be in the know, allow me to clear up some of this stuff.
General_Sun wrote:It's been brought to my attention that The SK team borrowed Rflagg's services to code the melee weapons system but has not returned the monster models that they said were supposed to give back.

I'm just here to give you a gentle prodding to, please, give them back...
Obviously there is a serious misunderstanding here. And since everybody on the Chaos Team (and their dog) knows I'm not a coder, that bit of information clearly didn't come from us.

Yes, the SK team approached the Chaos team about using our melee in a 'barter' deal...., but I've never coded anything in my life, and I sure as hell have never claimed to either.
SKAdmin wrote:JB is the project leader of ChaosUT. That makes him the boss too as well as the most reliable source for information related to Chaos.
Hehe. This is kinda funny too.

Yes, you can approach Jb for info, of course you can. But whether or not he's the most reliable source of info, is gonna depend on what it is you ask him about. Why? Because with any project that has as much going on as Chaos does, usually not any one person is aware of every single thing going on. We rely on each other.

But just for kicks, I will brag that Spa (Chaos Founder) once referred to me as 'a walking Chaos encyclopedia'. :wink: So if you want some Chaos info, feel free to look me up too. (I got's me some stuff crammed up there in the grey matter as well.)
Plaguelord wrote:As a former member of Chaotic Dreams ....
Whoa!!! Reel it in big boy!

You were never a member of Chaotic Dreams. You were a beta tester for a relatively short period of time, who chose to move on (and that's fine, to each his own). But no, you were NOT a member of Chaotic Dreams, ... not even close.
Plaguelord wrote:.... I too asked about that issue, but Don Morti pointed it out to me that all the rumors you hear are false.
Well, if by that you mean this wonderful new rumor about me coding something, then yes, of course that's false. (kinda funny actually)

But the part about the Chaos Team being approached in a "melee for models" trade is not false, that is (the beginning of) what happened.
Plaguelord wrote:If you would like to find out the truth you should have asked Jb or Don as I did.
If you want to know about Chaos, just come ask us. We'll tell you as much as you need to know.
Plaguelord wrote:This isn't meant to be between no one else other than the project leaders of these fine games.
Again, load of bull. If it's about Chaos, it's about the Chaos Team, and concerns the Chaos Team. We have some rather bright folks here, each of whom have opinions, and have voices, and have a say in what we do as a Team. You've got some severely wrong ideas about how we work here.

Now, any questions?