Serious Sam 3

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Serious Sam 3

Post by R.Flagg »

Downloading from Steam now. Gonna give this one a shot. (Probably get 1st crack at it late tonight)

Anyone else like to join me?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Chaos would fit here.

And to answer a question from a friend..., yes, it does have a few female characters to choose from.

I do not see bots for offline MP sessions though, and that's a bummer.

Launch trailer - perhaps NSFW
http://youtu.be/mQGO46QGlbk
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I could use some help surviving in Survival. It's like Invasion, basically. Sadly only 2 Survival maps shipped with the game, but there's already custom ones in the works.

I still haven't started the campaign mode yet, as I'm having fun with Survival. Still hoping to do campaign in co-op mode.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... hots/?tab=&
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Yes, survival is a bit rough. Invasion? I thought we didn't use the "I" word around here :wink:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

The more time I spend with this game, the more I realize I like it more for what it could be, than for what it is right now.

It looks good, plays good, but it's missing some things. As I've said already, it's missing bots, and maps for MP play.

Most of all, it desperately needs something like Chaos. It's like a really good "base" I think. The building blocks are all there (except the all-important SDK of course). It already has a DM, a CTF, a Survival, a basic set of weapons, and so forth. It already has Steamworks stuff (for chatting, server browser, etc etc), but all of it is just very, well..., 'basic'.

Almost as if somebody said "ok, let's get something out there so that Chaos can take it and go crazy".

There's only a handful of DM maps. Only one (yes, "1", CTF map), and only 2 Survival maps.

There's only basic old-fashioned strafing movement. No grapple, no anti-grav belt, no double jumping, etc etc.

The modding community appears to be mostly re-skin type projects.

IF, and IF, an SDK is released, a Chaos mod stepping in would simply own this game. I get the impression that an experienced coder, a good mapper, and a good modeler, could start making Chaos and take this SS series to places it's never been.

I know, I know. If wishes were horses. True enough. All I'm doing is identifying an opportunity.
Dorian

Re: Serious Sam 3

Post by Dorian »

Well, DM is fun even with 150-160 ping...