Mail Trouble

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Mail Trouble

Post by R.Flagg »

I have Outlook Express, and 3 email accounts.

As of some time ago, I noticed that I can only send mail using my default earthlink account. I can still receive mail thru my mooclan and planetquake accounts, but I cannot send mail using them. I get messages like this;
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.planetquake.com', Server: 'mail.planetquake.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
I used to be able to send mail, (at least with the moo mail I could, I just added PU to my OE today) and what changed I do not know. I have tried playing with all kinds of settings in there.

Anyway, I don't know what else to try next but to reinstall my Outlook Express, just in case something in there got boffed. But that is a pain in the butt, and I thought as a last resort I would post here.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

Check out this link... it sounds like the problem you're having... http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... us;q302339
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

Change the E-Mail Program... ;) Outlook is NOT a good e-mail program...

I recommend either The Bat! (commercial) or the mail client of the Mozilla Browser... Test it out. ;)
The European UT2004 and ChaosUT2 Clan
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, almost. That fix was for users of MSN service. Which I am not. However, your continued efforts to help me with the situation inspired me to spend more time looking for answer.

And BINGO! I just typed my error # into Google, and got a bunch of random pages.

http://www.drak.net/support/m_troubleemail.html

That one was directed at their own users, but the fix seems to be working for me now too. At least I just sent a couple of letters using mooclan and planetquake. (I just use my earthlink outgoing smtp server for all accounts, with authentication - simple)

Thanks HasBen, if not for the answer itself, then for the continued efforts which kept me trying.

MOO
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Thanks to you too deus.

Grateful for reply, but I have used OE for many years, and only a few problems have arisen. And this one just got fixed.

Thanks anyway.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hehe, I'd slow sometimes.

I just realized that HasBen's link was actually trying to tell me the same thing as the other link I found, I just didn't 'get it'.

Now I do, and thank you Sir.