Congrats to v1 ;)

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Corvus|CL

Congrats to v1 ;)

Post by Corvus|CL »

Hi fellows... :)

I like the new v1, best Chaos UT ever. ;)
Congrats, good work. :)

I played it with bots the last hours but I noticed two little bugs:
The maps DM-CUT_Dali_v2 and DM-CUT_Sinastar don't work anymore. :(
Error Message:
Can't find Class in file 'Class ChaosUT.Flak2Grenade'
Besides, you do not win a DeathMatch when you reach the Frag Limit and your last kill is a turret.

The new Utility Gun is cool and hot with its ammo. ;) But the Air Ammo is great in combination with the Mutator Who Pushed Me?, whenever you blast someone in DUT_DM4 into space you gain a Frag. ;)

The slomo cam is a good idea, but often you don't see the last Frag properly because the cam shows the winner's perspective... Perhaps it is better to show the victim's perspective. The last frags are often caused by turrets, proxies or vortexes out of cam's reach...

I am looking forward to CUT2003, I think it will become one of the best UT2003 mods (like CUT for UT). ;)

ps: I hope I will see Chreks in CUT2003... ;)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

"Can't find Class in file 'Class ChaosUT.Flak2Grenade' "

Crud. I saw that once too when Fred had his MadHouse server back up for a day or so, and at the time I figured we just had conficting versions of Sinastar, since there are a couple. Maybe it's more than that. Mass or Loq will clear that up I'm sure.

"Besides, you do not win a DeathMatch when you reach the Frag Limit and your last kill is a turret."

We ran into this too, and haven't addressed it yet really. It's going to take a bit of work from what I remember Jb saying. Something to do with the fact that turrets aren't players, which is what the score-code-thingy is looking for. We kinda figured it wouldn't happen too much, mabye not get noticed too often, or right away. I even forgot about it. And then in 1 day, hehe. :wink:

Thanks, that's stuff we'll be looking into.

Oh, and the angle of the slomo cam has been talked about alot. We'll see. This kinda feedback can sometimes help decide some stuff though. Thanks again.
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Jb must have removed the Flak2Grenade class from the CUT code (because it was actually not complete). I knew Dali had the flak2grenade in it, but I didn't know Sinastar did.

Jb, quick fix would be to make flak2grenade spawn the flak2.
jb

Post by jb »

Yea I removed a lot of junk from the code. I thought the flak2.grenade was part of that as it was not used in any of the code itself. We can add it back in to V1.1

The exact time of death is really hard as the server does not know when or where its gonna to happen. Flagg is right, there were lots of talk about this and we wanted to get fan's input. So we went with the basic and we will adjust it to meet the demands of the people.
Jb
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

So I make this thread to a bug report and improvement collection thread and hope others will follow to keep CUT the best mod... 8)
This slomo cam is actually one innovation which I never saw in other UT mods... ;)
Something weird happend a short while ago in one botmatch in TopFox. A bot won the game the slomo cam switched to "him" and his victim but just in the same moment I shot an explosive arrow and fragged him during the slomo and "double killed" the bot beside him, too. After the slomo I've won the game because I had one Frag more than the "winner". Weird but suprising... ;)

Here some thoughts and suggestions for improvements for v1.1 or CUT2003:
- In weapon replace mode (especially in non CUT maps) it is hard to find energy ammo to reload turrets because the crossbow replaces the shock rifle and the utility gun replaces the pulse gun. Maybe there should be an energy weapon in future releases, some kind of laser shotgun or an pulse revolver... ;)
- The kamikaze cam should move and follow the player so you can see where you go... :)
- The vortex should not only affect players... It should suck in proxies, translocator targets, projectiles, gibs , weapons, ammo, bio gels and other items, too :)
- A glue cannon could be a weapon to replace the bio rifle and shoots yellow slimy glue which sticks on players and removes energy for a short while or stops or slows down players which walk over the glue on the ground...

I know Chaos UT since I bought the UT GOTYE and I was (and still I am) addictive to Chaos UT because I have some chaotic genes inside, too... ;) Therefore I've founded a German Chaos UT Clan (The Unreal Chaos Engine, I think it is the one and only in Germany dedicated to Chaos UT) to find some kindred spirits... ;) Whenever I have an idea to "Keep the Chaos " I will give you feedback and let you know... ;)
The European UT2004 and ChaosUT2 Clan
jb

Post by jb »

Nope we dont mind feedback; all are good ideas. However we probably wont have access to someone that can do a model for us so new weapons may have to wait until UT 2003 version :(
Jb
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

There is a ChaosUT dedicated Clan in Germany? SWEET!!!! Tell them to swing by and give us a yell!!!

Excelent feedback! Thank you Sir.

JB: Let Mass or i know about fixing the Sinastar bug :wink:
Nope we dont mind feedback; all are good ideas. However we probably wont have access to someone that can do a model for us so new weapons may have to wait until UT 2003 version
(Leaps on the ground and attempts to look like chopped liver) :lol:
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

LoQ, easiest solution would be that Jb fixes it and it requires no change on the mappers part... because having the class in a map is a problem, but if jb loads the flak2 in place of it, there is no problem. Also, I do believe I noted in the mapper's guide that the class shouldn't be used.
jb

Post by jb »

Matt,

I have already instructed Jeff to go ahead and add the file back. The maps should not load with out it. Before we can go in and swap out it for the flak in the code, the map will have to load. With out that file it wont load.
Jb
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Mass & JB: what ever works is cool wit me :wink:
Let me know if i need to do anything :D
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

I forgot to mentioned one little thing which could be fixed, too... :roll::wink:
Dropped explosive crossbows and dropped poison crossbows appear always as normal crossbows. Only when you pick it up, you can see what kind of crossbow it is.

Well, I (together with a good friend) found the German Chaos UT Clan (The Chaos Engine) end of March.
Now we have 3 active Members, me (»X«.deus.ex.machina) and my friend (»X«.deatheater) and we have a girl (»X«.phoenix), she joind us recently. The X represents the Greek letter Chi, the first letter of the Greek word for Chaos: ΧΑΟΣ.
I hope some more members will join us in future, so we will be able to rent a real gameserver. ;) At the moment we play mainly with my second Computer with ADSL as Dedicated Server. But sometimes we are in the Mad House or at the "Fifty-Niner". ;) Sometimes I saw MassChAoS (the CyberChrek) there, too... ;)
We are all students of different German Universities and now we have all summer holidays, so it is a little difficult to tell them to swing by at the moment. ;) Example given, I will be in England this week. ;)
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

WOW i love that you use the greek word for Chaos!!
Do you mind if i use it in some of the CUT2k3 stuff?
jb

Post by jb »

deus.ex.machina

yea the posion crossbow also dose not have the proper pickup colors (it will look like a Crossbow) as well. The reason is the core team never made a pick up for them reasoning that its the same weapon with a differnt bolt loaded. We are really short on resources. Its an easy fix but I got to see if we can get it done in time. Thanks for the input and your help!!!!
Jb
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

I am back from England now... :)

@ LoQtUS:

I don't mind it if you use it in some of the new CUT2k3 stuff, feel free to use it. ;) I think it will be a nice looking... ;)

@ jb:

Well, whatever of my and others ideas and weapons don't find their way into CUT, maybe they could find their way into CUT2k3... ;)