servers still runnig beta 4?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
the reaper moo

servers still runnig beta 4?

Post by the reaper moo »

hi guys wondering when vr 1 is going into the servers i upgrade to vr 1 nowi have a version mismatch.
jb

Post by jb »

Hi there,

which servers are you talking about (madhouse)? Mike over at Team59 said he would upgrade his servers this weekend to the new version...
Jb
the reaper moo

MOOOVING HOOOVING CHAOTIC HOUSE

Post by the reaper moo »

I USED THE NON UMOD FILE TO UPGRADE IT THEN TRYIED TO PLAY AND SAID VERSION MISMACTH .

THEN I CALLED LEE HARVEY AND HAD HIM GO ON BEFORE HE UPGRADED
AND HE GOT ON WITH BETA 4.THAT WAS WHEN I POSTED THE FIRST 1.
jb

Post by jb »

but what servers are you trying to get into? Can you give me the IP or contant info...
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hey Reaper what's up?

Very sorry I forgot to email you like I said I would, I'm bad for forgetting stuff sometimes.

MadHouse has been down most of the time lately. I was very surprised to see it once a week or 2 ago, but I have not since then. As you know, FurrySound has that low grav CTF server, though I've not spoken to him last couple days. If it was his you were trying, give it a day or so, I'm sure it'll be good very soon.

Check back here tomorrow night if you can, I'm hoping to get some play time in myself.

Don't know of anywhere for DM though. Except for maybe Team59, but I ping so high there I can't play. Just too far for my little ole' 56k modem.

Although I did see one briefly tonight, dues.ex.machina's I think it was, but it was gone before I had time to come play. I'll check again tomorrow.

We should be able to just use the ChaosUT tab in the server browser now, so that should help find any new ones that might pop up. If I find any, I'll post them, please do the same.

Glad to see you around. Thought you and Lee had split for good.
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

When the server was called »X«.Arena, then it was mine. ;)
But it is not a real gameserver. Renting a gameserver is too expensive at the moment. I have two computers at home and use one of them as Dedicated Chaos Server, I join it via local network the others can join it via internet. Therefore it has no static IP and it is only online when we want to play but with this new server browser tab it can be easily found. ;)
I have ADSL with 128 kbit upstream and 768 kbit downstream so the server can handle 4 players simulteaneously. Therefore, the max client rate ist limited to 5 kb, it is not very much, I know, but enough for an adequate game perfomance an enough for some fun chaos matches, too. ;) The disadvantage: it limits also the download rate and we are using many custom stuff, especially custom maps and I have not enough webspace (and traffic) for redirected downloads. It could talk a lot of patient to download some hundred kilobytes with 5 kb per second. ;)
I use UTPURE with Valhalla Avatar Support so the server does not need to have installed all our custom skins we are using to minimize the downloads, but you can use every skin and model, too. ;)
We are using all Official Bonus Packs, the CUT v1, of course, the BDBMapvote 3.02 and Bloodtrails v2 mutator and the mutator Who Pushed Me?
The Chrek-Model is also installed, I customized the bots and six bots are Chreks. ;)
For a full list of installed things and the maps, which can be played via MapVote, just see our Server Info page... ;)

This week I will be in England, so the server is not online this week, but from 5. August you will see it often. ;)
The European UT2004 and ChaosUT2 Clan
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Outstanding Site, Deus!!
gonna have to swing by ya server when i get a little time :wink:
jb

Post by jb »

Mike from team59 said that he will get the servers up to V1.0 this weekend.
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Excellent dues, thanks.

Got your website tagged, and I'll keep an eye out for the server. I'm a 56k'er, so I'm not sure how well I will be able to connect, but I'll give it a shot if you don't mind.

Also, should you and your clanmates ever want for some friendly matches, I think I could gather a herd of Moo's to give it a go with ya! Just for fun ya know.

Good luck with the Chaos Engine Clan!

* oh, and , you folks are welcome to swing by mooclan.com forums and taunt us into a game some day should the mood strike you :lol:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

[UBrowser.UBrowserFavoritesFact]
FavoriteCount=7
Favorites[0]=|FUKR| First United Killing Regime\24.120.178.88\7778\False
Favorites[1]=[CSHP] Intradomain++\207.235.98.130\7778\False
Favorites[2]=PRIVATE-
Favorites[3]=[CSHP] Moo'vin Hoovin Chaotic v1 House of LowGrav CTF-RLC-NT-REDIR\205.136.13.246\7778\False
Favorites[4]=[CSHP] [SSB]Clan Chaos Server\137.44.18.67\7778\False
Favorites[5]=[CSHP] Chaos In Paradigm\63.228.110.10\7778\False
Favorites[6]=[PURE] UnrealMachine.com (ChaosUT)\139.81.32.141\7778\False
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

Thanks for the praise for my clan site. :)

And thanks for the invitation for friendly matches. :)
It is difficult to gather my teammates because of holiday time, but I am sure we will have a nice match or more in future, we will see... ;) I think 2-on-2 or team koth is easy to make. ;)
Well, the last night before I went to England (29th to 30th July), my server was online for some hours and we had a nice matches with a nice guest: Moo Lothar, I think, he belongs to your herd, R.Flagg. ;)
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

Hiya deus.ex.machina!
Thanks for the games, it was good fun. :) I hope to see you out there again soon!
Moo Lothar, I think, he belongs to your herd, R.Flagg.
MooooOOOOooooo! Now what makes you think that? :wink:
You bet I am! To moo is divine :D
Check out the MooClan web-pastures at http://mooclan.com/
(watch out for the cow-pies!)

Fun Fraggin' or DIE!!
Lothar{Moo} :proxy:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yeah, sometimes the barn door gets left open at night..., all kinds of critters come a wanderin' in. :lol:

Hey deus, what do you think about this v1.1 pic?

Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

@ Lothar:

Yeah, much fun... :mrgreen: I am back from holiday and the server will be online more times the next time. :) Just take a look in the chaos ut tab, I hope I see you again, too... ;)
I like grilled Chrek meat... :mrgreen:;)
Or on one of the other chaos servers around, maybe :)
And I will ask »X«.deatheater for this fun match Moos versus Chaos Engineers, maybe we will meet us in this match, too. ;)

@ R.Flagg:

Nice screenshot. But nothing v1.1 specific to see, isn't it? ;) So v1.1 is still in progress and will be released soon or sooner? Sweet. :)
Turrets are nice, especially the ones which belong to yourself... ;)

Besides, by viewing this pic I rembered the Chaos UT Manual:
(I)- Future advancement note: Turret version Gamma2.3 will contain an extra shrink stasis field and teleport functions, so you will be able to use manual steering abilities from inside the turret.
UT 2003 will released with vehicle support, so maybe in CUT 2003 we could see this Turret version Gamma2.3... :D
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Deus: Check out the coloring on the stripes of the Turret. Its a team colored turret.