N00b needs some help I suppose.

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Ghareon

N00b needs some help I suppose.

Post by Ghareon »

Lo there,

This might turn into a long story so sit down, taking in mind you're standing behind your PC... I've been playing TFC (a Half-Life mod) for about 2 and a half years now using the default sounds, it was until today I figured it was time for some new sounds to spicen thins up a bit (yes I'm that sad and yes this story actually does have something to do with ChaosUT). It was then that I remember an UT mod that came with the UT GOTY cd including "battlecries" from these little critters going "don't worry I won't kill you hihihihihihi". Seeing as RA is the only other mod that came with the cd, this (ChaosUT) is the mod with these sounds, so I pulled the cd out the closet and installed UT and after that the mods. But unfortunalty, or perhaps typical, the sounds are not put in a folder as .wav formats (bugger logic eh gents :)). Do you guys happen to have a zipfile or somesort of pack with the sounds/voices uploaded somewhere on the net for my convenience?

There's also another problem I have encountered, namely that being that the mod won't seem to work, or, me being to dullwitted to start the f#@king thing! The problem is, I'm trying to do it in UT by selecting a mutator. There's ChaosUTGOTY Mutator in the list of non-used mutators, but I've read here and there that it should be called ChaosUT v1.0 Mutator, could this be the problem? Because when I select that mutator I don't get to select the game whereas I can select the RA mod from the drop down menu.

I hope I made a bit of sense and someone out there can help me.
jb

Re: N00b needs some help I suppose.

Post by jb »

Ghareon wrote: Do you guys happen to have a zipfile or somesort of pack with the sounds/voices uploaded somewhere on the net for my convenience?
No I am sorry we do not. But you can fire up UnrealED and extract the sounds into wav format. There are plenty of tutorials that will show you how this is done.... The sounds are located in the sound file called: chaosutsounds.uax

When you get that open in Unreal go to the proxymine group and you can find all of the sound there.
There's also another problem I have encountered, namely that being that the mod won't seem to work, or, me being to dullwitted to start the f#@king thing! The problem is, I'm trying to do it in UT by selecting a mutator. There's ChaosUTGOTY Mutator in the list of non-used mutators, but I've read here and there that it should be called ChaosUT v1.0 Mutator, could this be the problem? Because when I select that mutator I don't get to select the game whereas I can select the RA mod from the drop down menu.
You have an old set of files. You can grab all of the update files in one handy zip buy downloading the full V1.0 (note the upgrade is from beta4 only and NOT THE GOTYE). We also have taken the time to docement how to launch a chaosUT game in our on-line manual here:

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~chaotic/in ... /intro.php

So take a lookie and see if this answers your questions. If not we will be happy to go into all of the details you need. Sorry for your trouble.

I hope I made a bit of sense and someone out there can help me.[/quote]
Jb