Hello peeps!

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Hello peeps!

Post by Hermskii »

Hey, it is Hermskii here. I haven't been here in years. I'm glad to see this is still going. I was discussing the UT and the UT2K4 versions of this mod recently with friends. I recalled ahaving such a good time with it that I decided to crank up a server for it again though I struggle to determine whether it shoulr be for UT or UT2K4. Most of my players on my forum all have UT but only 65% have UT2K4 as near as I can tell.

I'm sorry this mod didn't work out for UT3 but that last UT versions sucked so this should have been expected. This mod looks best on UT2K4 and works good on original UT too.

I haven't touched this mod in years since I discovered that before I installed it benchmark score may have been 6000 then after I installed it my score went down about 20% on average. I suppose this has been fxed already or I just had a crappy computer. Either way, I can't wait to reinstall it and show it to my massive follower group of 10 other people. CYA!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi.

Well, some of us just don't give up. We hover, and keep hoping for a new coder friend to help lead us into a new era. Eternal optimism, and all that. As far as I know, there is one gentleman still attempting a new game type for us, but he's been very quiet, and I don't have any details.

Chaos always was -and still could be- such a damn fine project, that it's worth stopping by every day or two just to see if anyone is interested and trying to contact us. Which happens from time to time, but so far none have panned out in any serious, long-term way. For example, I just got a PM from an alleged coder last Monday who asked me to email him, which I did, but haven't heard back since.

Shame really. So much potential. And yeah, UT3 definitely didn't help things. But that's old news at this point.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your games! Thanks for stopping by.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

R.Flagg

Post by Hermskii »

Hey there sir. You are the main guy here right. Most of this is your baby? If so, congrats! It is a really fine mod. I recently ran into a guy that seems to really know his stuff. He wanted to help me out reworking lots of UT stuff for me but I was just too slow for him. I will contact him and ask you to drop by here and see what he can do for you. Thanks for everything you do with this mod and for UT. Have a good one. CYA!

How many server are running this mod right now? I found the MH mod down to 1 or 2 when I found it and now there are about 40. Not all me but I had a little something to do with it. Also, if I start a server it will have a forum for it at www.hermskii.com Check in there in a few days. I messed up the forum badly on the weekend and am having it restored. Should be done tonight. CYA!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: R.Flagg

Post by R.Flagg »

Hermskii wrote:Hey there sir. You are the main guy here right. Most of this is your baby?
A common misconception. Thanks very much for the kind words -seriously- but some clarification....

I am a mouthpiece more than anything. I help with project management, I assist with design, I do the documentation, recruiting... etc etc... but I am not, and have never been, among the amazing content creators that have worked at Chaos over the years.

There has been (and still is) some serious talent associated with Chaos, and it has been a pleasure to work with them. I have always tried to be very clear when I post news and such, about just who is behind the awesome content, though that can never be over-stated.

You know what... what the hell, I'm going to do it again....

Some names that can never be mentioned enough include;

Spa
Jb
LoQtUS
Hammerman

they made the world a better place. But not alone either, can't forget....

Flash
Nat
Major
Frederico
Beelzebubba
Rimshot
Jezz
Holymoo
Jan-Pieter
Sound Man
Gasman
Jeditobe1
JimMarlowe
Wormbo
Marsfyre
Neolith
Shuriken
Deus.ex.machina

oh, and then there's ...

Identikal
Kodiak
Peptio
Shadowstar

and guys like FurrySound and MassChaos who've contributed in numerous behind the scenes ways as well

and there's 'new' members who created kick-ass stuff for UT3 ( still saddens me about what's happened, I want so bad for this to be re-born)

BitterPill
MacTom
deadxatthexscene
Menderis

and then there's contributors like
Mr.Evil
Captain Kewl
DJPaul

and don't forget Beta Testers like;
Bruce9950
General_Sun
halprin
Kaboodles_The_Assassin

Seems like a lot of names doesn't it? Well, don't forget, that covers a span of 10 years! :wink:
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Awesome

Post by Hermskii »

I just reinstalled an older hard drive as the only work around I have for making a bad mistake and opening a bad bad file. Short version of this story is I got nuked by malware and viruses galore. I have never NOT been able to recover my computer from this stuff but this one killed me to death in less than 30 seconds. Feel free to read about if you google "viruswebprotect2008" . I have never seen anything like it and nobody seems to have a fix for it. Nasty I say.

I hope to get to help get this place pumping again. I haven't told my guy about ya'll yet and he is very busy but he loves a challenge. Again, are there currently ANY ChaosUT servers running? If so, what are the names so I can give them a look.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Our Ballistic Weapons server also runs Chaos Duel.

208.167.224.24:7777

High Council member of The Generals
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Yeeha!

Post by Hermskii »

Hello folks. I downloaded and installed the newest version for UT2K4 and wow! Lots has changed since I last played this mod! All for the better too! Nice work.

I have to admit that installing UT2K4 and then the 3369 patch and then The Editors Choice Package and then Chaos-UT and then having to reinstall something again in order to make it work wasn't fun and made me reconsider some things. I was going to start a Chaos-UT server for UT2K4 but I feel it is too much overhead for most people to have to do all of that just to play on my server so I decided not to do it in the end.

I am going to install the last UT99 version of this mod and see if it is still all that I remember and if it is then I will start a server with it. Once I get enough people hooked on it I'll poll them on my forum and see if they are willing to go the UT2K4 route and if so then I'll build a UT24K Chaos-UT server.

I feel the UT2K4 version has to be better than the UT99 version but I'll have to build up a group of folks to create the need for me to go through the trouble to set up a UT2K4 Chaos-UT server.

Can anyone here tell me again about any active Chaos-UT servers both UT2K4 and UT99 and tell me about how busy they are. Thanks! My last request is this: It seems quiet here right now. As near as I can tell it has been quiet for a while too. This happens on my forum from time to time too. For me, I've decided that I'm going to keep my forum alive until the end of UT99 come hell or high water. I'm "HOPING" that somebody here will tell me that they are planning to do the same as far as keeping this forum here and the web-page available for downloads and all of that stuff too. Please somebody tell me that this is their plan. Also, if it is ever determined that the powers that be here want to shut down and do other things, I want those people to know that I'll be thrilled and honored to do my best to merge/copy/extract everything I can from here into my website and forum. This is all very valuable stuff to me and I'm sure many others and I just want to make sure it doesn't dry up and blow away into the past to be lost forever. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

FAQ

Post by Hermskii »

The link for the Frequently asked questions at the bottom of the downloads page for Chaos-UT for UT is bad.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
kelly7898

Re: Hello peeps!

Post by kelly7898 »

Hermskii wrote:Hey, it is Hermskii here. I haven't been here in years. I'm glad to see this is still going. I was discussing the UT and the UT2K4 versions of this mod recently with friends. I recalled ahaving such a good time with it that I decided to crank up a server for it again though I struggle to determine whether it shoulr be for UT or UT2K4. Most of my players on my forum all have UT but only 65% have UT2K4 as near as I can tell.

I'm sorry this mod didn't work out for UT3 but that last UT versions sucked so this should have been expected. This mod looks best on UT2K4 and works good on original UT too.

I haven't touched this mod in years since I discovered that before I installed it benchmark score may have been 6000 then after I installed it my score went down about 20% on average. I suppose this has been fxed already or I just had a crappy computer. Either way, I can't wait to reinstall it and show it to my massive follower group of 10 other people. CYA!
Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
alexmax021

Post by alexmax021 »

Hi!
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks!
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Time

Post by Hermskii »

It's getting about time for me to take another good shot at running one of these servers. Wish me luck folks!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

If you do get a server running post the IP. It's been a while since I've played.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Roger that!

Post by Hermskii »

I will do that genman. I'm on another forum this second discussing starting up one of these servers. I have palyed both versions being for UT and for UT2004. Which one do you like better? I feel the UT one would be easier but I think I liked the version for UT2004 more. Your thoughts?
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
dmun

Post by dmun »

count me in too,love to play again, been playing some vanilla UT lately, seems there's next to no Chaos servers, been a few years since Genman kicked my butt ( or so I like to let him think :wink: HI Genamn :D ) ,so I'd love to get back into it. I believe Dorian would too !?!
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

UT

Post by Hermskii »

It looks like I'll be running a UT version of this mod server. I'm told there is already one for UT2204 running. Most of my folks at my forum don't have UT2004 or just didn't prefer it to UT so this works out best. I'll have this server up this weekend I suspect.

I sure could use some help though. I need to know what the latest UT version of this mod is and if there are special considerations for it to run on a server. I'll dig out all of the info myself if needed and I have run one of these servers before a long time ago but like I said, it was a long time ago. Are there any people around here still that can guide me in the right direction? Thanks all! Long Live ChaosUT!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum