Poking around

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Poking around

Post by Shadowstar »

I was poking around at the ChaosUT2 code again the other day and started to get ideas. I've considered possibly creating a sort of "mod of a mod"; my own additions to ChaosUT2, since I've learned Unrealscript and haven't had the will to try coding in UT3 (It's just not fun unless its Chaos). Small things really, like increasing the damage of the MUG (I always felt it didn't do enough damage). I even fixed a typo in the code that was preventing proxies from screaming properly when on fire. I probably won't release it, there's not really enough there to release, but it's a fun way to play with Unrealscript.

It's been fun though. Chaos never ceases to be fun, even after all these years.
Azarael

Post by Azarael »

I did something similar, though not to as great an extent as you did, when I was hosting a Chaos server - because the default balance of Chaos weaponry is weak, and there are a few bugs. I'd be interested to see anything you do.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Creator

Post by Hermskii »

Are you one of the original creators? If so, please go with it. Run Forrest. Run!

If it messes up the game at all for others then don't but if you can alter it in a way that improves it AND it doesn't mess up existing code then post more about it and let's see who jumps in with you and gets it working better! I agree! This is a very fun mod/mut and it needs to be ushered back out to the remaining fanatic UT players.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum