Chaos Web Design

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Chaos Web Design

Post by Dr.Flay »

8O
Looks awesome, except for that funny looking freak in the middle.

For so many years I never posted any pics of me, it still weirds me out man.
Until very recently, I have always hidden behind an avatar that looks like me or chosen to represent an aspect of me.
After so many had leaked onto FB courtesy of family and friends, I had to give-in.

I actually decided then I may as well say hello in person to the users at UT99.org and posted a vid of myself at my mums cottage (about 10 miles away).
https://vimeo.com/65510139
Problem with those "spur of the moment" things, is that you tend to overlook the small details.
...like "is the audio loud enough ?"
:roll:

BTW. These are my favoured avatars that look most like me (especially err.. well the one I am in)
Me and my last dog
Me and my last dog
WeeMee-Hill.jpg (306.73 KiB) Viewed 21863 times
Closest I could get with Yahoo avatar maker.
Closest I could get with Yahoo avatar maker.
avt_doktor_flay_head.png (45.78 KiB) Viewed 21863 times
Who dares ask the Emperor of the Galaxy to put down his drink ?
Who dares ask the Emperor of the Galaxy to put down his drink ?
Ming.jpg (69.88 KiB) Viewed 21863 times
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

I understand completely. Out of 50 shots of me, I probably can only find one that's acceptable. Originally I had your favorite pic on the post and changed it last minute. I also had a photo shopped "me" in chain armor. Was going to do a medieval theme for everyone, but didn't know how that would play out. ha Here was my pic hehe :

Founder of Unreal Central: "Keeping It Unreal"
Owner/Web Designer of Cyberhawk Designs

UT Creations: IK-Stealth-V3 for UT2004 * IK-Soldiers-LE for UT2004 * IK-XARK-V1D for UT3
thatscrawnykid
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by thatscrawnykid »

Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

Love it.
And actually that may not be such a bad idea.
However there is the possibility that I would cheat and visit Terry English (about 30 miles away).
http://www.terryenglisharmourer.co.uk - https://www.facebook.com/ArmourerTerryEnglish
Here in Cornwall we consider him to be an artist and master craftsman, rather than just the armourer to the film industry.
I can tell you all right now, that you have all seen his work many times (he even did the Marine armour in Aliens).

Looking tor my pics yesterday, I found something I was playing with a few weeks ago, as a possible replacement for my other main one.
I like mixing themes in UEd so you get a "WTF map/mod is that ?" effect.
eg. I would say "What do you mean, you never found the guitar weapon ?" if asked about it :mrgreen:

Old faithful (slugging some brandy between matches)
Krige.jpg
Krige.jpg (49.6 KiB) Viewed 21852 times
And a new alternative WIP (Gamma and colours boosted)
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (290.05 KiB) Viewed 21852 times
Not much use for an avatar, but it is usually while messing about with a larger scene that I finally hit on what I'm looking for.
Who is Dr.Flay ?
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

thatscrawnykid wrote:Looks good but who is this guy? https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo09m8winrad1 ... 0.png?dl=0

:roll:
That guy is definitely not you! LOLOLOL Mistake on my part.

UT Creations: IK-Stealth-V3 for UT2004 * IK-Soldiers-LE for UT2004 * IK-XARK-V1D for UT3
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

You're really doing an excellent job on the site, Mr. Hawk!

Can't thank you enough. Been a Long time coming.

(think that was a pic of Mark, if I'm not mistaken. pretty sure that was the pic from his facebook that he linked to once :P )
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Thanks Flag, much appreciated. :)

Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

Please do tell us more about the Immortal Knightz, MrBee and...

...your own modelling skills
Who is Dr.Flay ?
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

I'd be most happy to answer that. :)

Immortal Knightz is a UT2004 Zark Clan that is comprised of the most elite players in that particular game style. I'll put my guys and girls up against anyone. IK was founded by myself and aka Blackhole (no longer active). Mr.Bee and I were friends for a long time and had been trying for years to get him to join my previous clan, cXT (Clan eXTreme). Bee was a member of TUC (The Underground Clan) back then and was very loyal. When their clan split, I was able to grab him up. Mr.Bee is my most trusted right hand man. Not only is he a master of the game, he is one hell of a texture artist, photoshop guru, mutator creator, mapmaker, etc. His creativity continues to impress me and I feed off it. I learned a great deal from this guy over the years and between the both of us, we've put together several popular mutators and models. We are currently learning the new Editor as to produce the mutators needed for our style of play and to collect a little money from the marketplace. Mr.Bee will also being creating maps for the new Unreal Tournament. Bee and I have completely different styles, which is very kewl as we can cater to all types. I go for modern realism while Bee goes for futuristic. Bee has a Chaos style about him as you've probably noticed.

The soldier model was an original from [FCS]Future Combat Scenarios back in 2003. I used 3ds Max to change the backpack from a huge eyesore to a 2-day pack. I redid the textures and added 5 more camos. If you look closely, you'll see I used my own face for the characters. hehe

Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

Flagg was so right to have his eye on you.
You are so "made of the right stuff" in terms of Chaos.
Very professional but with cheeky fun woven into your work at various levels.

To my observation, the "too and fro" of design ideas has been very quick, and minimal explanations seem to have been required at any point from any party.
I will have to give you the appropriate thumbs-up on Linkedin next time I login :mrgreen:

Personally I can't help but wonder if your talents here are not being used to their potential here !?
MrBee's weaponry/modelling/HUD style also seems to naturally lend itself towards the horror/fantasy vibe of Chaos.
If you 2 work so well as a team, I can see you 2 creating some stylish Chaos maps and assets ;)

My own stylistic preference, is a blend between realism and fantasy mods, and probably why I like the details in Chaos and the Ballistics mods.
I play a majority amount of UT99 in the new Unreal 227.
With UT and Unreal linked, and a patched Botpack, I have UT99 with CSWeapons 227 (more fun than real CS, and you can aim down the guns properly, so it even looks cooler).
I then play mostly in jungle and urban maps, with added wildlife (lack of wildlife annoys me, so I can't resist adding birds and insects etc.).
Jungles should be pestering the players with flies, or it is a dead jungle.
Back alleys in a city should have rats and cockroaches (Hell I even add movable trash bins and put items of rubbish in them).
My preference is for night maps, because IR beams and flashlights just look soooo cool.
There is a swarm-zombie mod I also have running most of the time, so any gametype has a little extra challenge.
Never been a fan of the "kill lots of zombies in waves" games, so I set it up as if they just happen to be the residents of the arena Liandri have bought, and so you don't even score anything for killing them.
(they are very useful if you have the vampire relic ;) )

Rooftop camping in a zombie-filled city, can prove to be panic inducing, when you finally realise that while you are concentrating on other players, the building has slowly been surrounded by 100 zombies 8O (just like the movies)
It gives away your position, and also traps you from changing location if you don't have enough ammo to get out.
This is the point that out comes my trusty Bastard-sword, and I grit my teeth (same setup in 2004, and out comes the double-daggers or the katana and use on light-stance).
This works very nicely as a team game dynamic, as it helps to have a wing-man defending you, or clearing the building.
If you don't team up, you are easy prey any time you are dealing with zombies, and far less likely to know where the shot came from.

... anyway back on topic.
Nice tweak with the slideshow. much more dynamic.
I didn't actually expect you to change my pic, but there was a moment of "Eh ? is that what a Chaos Lord looks like ?"
Looks right at home ! Shame I never borrowed one of the swords that was there.
(A slight concern I have is that as my beard gets longer, the more it does that forked thing.)
Who is Dr.Flay ?
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Thank you for your kind words my friend. I feel the same about everyone here ... you guys totally inspire me in every way. I feel very much at home here and will continue to contribute in every way I can. I've been studying the new UT Engine along with C++. It won't be long when I'm able to help out in a different way. :) Mr.Bee has been studying as well and will be more than happy to help out.

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

cyberhawk wrote:Thank you for your kind words my friend. I feel the same about everyone here ... you guys totally inspire me in every way. I feel very much at home here and will continue to contribute in every way I can. I've been studying the new UT Engine along with C++. It won't be long when I'm able to help out in a different way. :) Mr.Bee has been studying as well and will be more than happy to help out.
:!: 8O

Mr. Hawk, in my humble opinion it is not too early to bring a bit of Santa/Elf holiday cheer to the site. Your call, but just sharing my opinion (today my wife is starting to put up some of her Santa doll collection. This is us a few years back...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10454864778 ... 2396786713 )

Happy Sunday!
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

You got it man.....Santa Chaos is coming to town! ha

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Can't believe it took me till today to get around and checking in on the New web site with my Galaxy Note 2.

Looks Fantastic!

You make me smile Sir Cyber. You make me smile. :D
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Thanks Flagg :) I have more tweaking to do, but in the end it should be a Chaotic Showcase. hehe I'd like to a add a donation button on the sidebar...just need an email address you use for PayPal. Thanks man.