Gravity vortex

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
DJPaul

Gravity vortex

Post by DJPaul »

Just thought you'd guess like to see this work-in-progress:

It sucks in anything not nailed down ;)
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Me likes alot!!!!
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

8O AACK!! It sucked my mouse into the pic!!! :lol: Very nice!!
Gasman
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Maybe it can also take away GasMan's sniper rifle :) (and his daughters cough while its at it)

FurrySound{Moo}
Coupe=UTK=

Post by Coupe=UTK= »

it SUCKS! literally ;) and that's a good thing :P
Comrade Jerkov

Post by Comrade Jerkov »

I can't even see it. The red x in the white box. Noooo!
Better Red than Dead. Unfortunately, no one can tell you what Red is, you have to see it for yourself. :- Comrade Jerkov a.k.a. Red Eagle
Evolution{FU}

Post by Evolution{FU} »

the pics gone :( btw stop taunting me :cry: I want the alpha/beta and I want it now :P lol j/k But perhaps you could consider expanding your testing group today :)

BTW don't forget, DX 9 and the 2166 patch for UT2K3 has been released :)

Thanks
Evolution
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

I fixed the pic, probably not the same one though.
Evolution{FU}

Post by Evolution{FU} »

gimme gimme gimme :)
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

FurrySound{Moo} wrote: Maybe it can also take away GasMan's sniper rifle :) (and his daughters cough while its at it)

Me: And suck in R.Flagg's sword too :wink: . Is it bigger then it looks in the picture? That along with the other things like the return of the Proxy :proxy: makes this a must have. *Must... get... new... computer... and... UT...2..k...3... now....*
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

And suck in R.Flagg's sword too . Is it bigger then...
Oh, it's big alright.

Wait, did you mean the vortex? Oh, well... a bit bigger. That is from a bit of a distance.

Swift! You don't have UT2 yet?! Come on man, been looking forward to fraggin ya!
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

R.Flagg {MoO} wrote:
Swift! You don't have UT2 yet?! Come on man, been looking forward to fraggin ya!
Nope, still need a new computer. In fact, UT does not even run all that great on my computer right now as some effects don't show up right like the shield belt or ice effect. Hopefully some people like you are still on CUT severs, so I can play again. I have not forgotten what happen the last time I played, I was kind of tired, so I might be tougher this time. It sounds like your still on the servers from your other post in the idea topic I made. I might not get a new computer for another 5-7 weeks from now. Hopefully when (I'm scared to say "if") I get a new computer, UT2k3 will run it and I can start working on my fragging skills some more.
Mad Member with lots of ideas and questions and somewhat good fragging skills.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Shield belt and ice effect huh? This sounds familiar. I think it might be a setting.

If you type 'preferences' in the console, and go to Advanced Settings, there is one in there that you should check to see it is turned 'On'. It was like Shiny surfaces, or curved surfaces, or some such thing. Sorry, I forget right this minute what the thing was called, but it might be that.

I'll try and remind myself what setting that was if you don't find one that works. But I'll bet you can get those to work.

I did not play CUT for a long time after UT2 came out, but Furry got some of us out the other night. Think I might start playing it more now again. (Besides, there's a German CUT clan out there I want to have a go with)
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

It's not Curved Surfaces, this was only experimental in the old UT Engine.

One hint, what could work, go to http://unreal.epicgames.com and search the old news for updated UT drivers for Direct3D and OpenGL (D3D.dll and OpenGL.dll), there were some which are newer as the dll from 436.
Try and test it with them (but save your old one first if you have to revert them), also give OpenGL a try, it runs on my system better as D3D. ;)

And the German CUT Clan has also begun to play UT2003 to be ready for ChaosE... ;)
But we also play CUT (because everyone except from me sucks on UT2003, I train them now. ;)), a few weeks ago we played Team KOTH, but it seems we missed a bug, because no one was able to talk ;) (or maybe something other was wrong, dunno. ;))...
The European UT2004 and ChaosUT2 Clan
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

And the German CUT Clan has also begun to play UT2003 to be ready for ChaosE...
But we also play CUT (because everyone except from me sucks on UT2003, I train them now. ), a few weeks ago we played Team KOTH, but it seems we missed a bug, because no one was able to talk (or maybe something other was wrong, dunno. )...
Excellent! Check your PM's Sir.

Will have to try the KOTH teamsay thing online. I just checked offline with bots and it seemed Ok, but online may be a different story. Will have to check into that sometime.