How about some Trailers :) ?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Evolution{FU}

How about some Trailers :) ?

Post by Evolution{FU} »

Hey Everyone,

Ever since the release of the new patch version 2166, anyone can now record demos :) So I was wondering if the dev team could record a few demos and convert them to avi formats via some app like fraps :)

BTW here's how to record a demo
1) simply bind a key to demorec and it will record to demo001 if that's your first demo and if not it the filename will increase incremetally to demo002, etc.
2)hit the key during your game and then when you're finished I guess you simply quit the current match :) then quit the game
3)goto http://www.fraps.com/ and download their application
4)run the application and switch the indicator to 30fps, click enable video capture, and be sure to remember the hotkey
5)run unreal tournament 2003, select some resolution where you will stand to recieve at least 25 fps.
6)in the console type demoplay demo0001(depending on the demoname)
7)press the hot key to record it to an avi version
8)when the demo is over press the hotkey again
9)open a video editing application and change the resolution of the video to about 320x240 in divx format.
10)give the video to me :P

Thanks,
Evolution{FU}
Last edited by Evolution{FU} on Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evolution{FU}

Post by Evolution{FU} »

btw it would be helpful to actually play the game when recording the demo at some low resolution to have your fps high. To stop the demo simply type stopdemo in the console or bind that to a key as well, or it will infinitely loop till you quit.

Additionally, make sure your fps cap in ut2k3 is something high (at your refresh rate) :)