Even more ideas

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Swift Viper

Even more ideas

Post by Swift Viper »

If your grapple hits another player, not only will it do damage, you can also swing around on them :D . They could shoot the rope or you to break free or maybe even better yet, you can only break the rope with a sword or axe. What about the return of some of the weapons from ChaosDM (never played it, but I saw weapons like the Buzzsaw)? Maybe even for the Assault Rifle replacement, two AK-42 Assault Pistols or the sub-machine guns said in a old topic. I'm hope no one is tired of idea topics.

BTW, a few other questions, how come ChaosDM has a lot more things in it then ChaosUT does (again, never played it)? How come a lot of the weapons and items were never in CUT? Did poeple not like them that much or was there not enough people to model or was there not even time or something? One more question, exactly what kind of weapons "fit in" with Chaos? I saw the ChaosDM and played the ChaosUT weapons, but I'm not so sure what weapons exactly fit in with Chaos?

Sorry if I made too many question or ideas topics. I always seem to be a question and idea boy :wink: .

Edit: What happen to the poison allows for the Chaos Crossbow? Are they not in there because of the Chaos Grenade Launcher? Yes I know, I added Chaos to the "name" of the weapons to make it sound more like Chaos own weapons. Is there a picture of the CUT2E sword anywhere?
Last edited by Swift Viper on Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Member with lots of ideas and questions and somewhat good fragging skills.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

If your grapple hits another player, not only will it do damage, you can also swing around on them :D . They could shoot the rope or you to break free or maybe even better yet, you can only break the rope with a sword or axe.
This has been requested by many folks, and time will tell what happens in this area. But yeah, it will be looked into at some point. Look to Jb, DJ, and friends to show us the light.
What about the return of some of the weapons from ChaosDM (never played it, but I saw weapons like the Buzzsaw)?
This too is on our minds. As to why not all were in CUT, the truth is many things. But yeah, one reason is that we had fewer people helping in CUT. In my opinion, the ideal CUT2 mod would have almost everything from the original, if not all, in one form or another. However, that's easy for me to say, as I do not write the code for this stuff. Again, time will tell.

I do think it's time you installed the original, and played my friends and I on MooTown. It is still a popular server, and you can find humans there every night. You are welcome Sir, come on by.
One more question, exactly what kind of weapons "fit in" with Chaos?

That's a million dollar question. Pretty much decided on case by case basis I guess. Whaddya got? :wink:

That's all you get for now. Meat me on MooTown, Wicads, or Moovin Hoo'vin to get more! flaggrules
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

I'm still trying to get my UT fix up. The shield belt and other effects show up right now, but there are still problems like trying to get on servers.

When I was messing around in UnrealED, I found two icons for The Claw that were not used in the game, Nail and Shrink. I understand there was not time to do everything, but what exactly were them two modes going to do anyway and how were they going to work besides Shrink? There was also an hoverboard in there that I never saw in the game. What was that going to be used for anyway? Also, how come the Chaos Jump Boots never had a class name? There was no way to summon it.

As for a idea for the greande launcher, the Claw is kind of like a grenade launcher in CUT, so I think the Greande Launcher in CUT2E should be the Claw. After all it is more original then a normal grenade launcher.
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

Hello? Guys, going to say anything about the other ideas in my 2nd post? I'm sure someone saw them, but could someone please reply about the ideas? I know this is a 2nd post in a row, but my last post was about a week ago.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Nah, just sometimes takes me awhile. Stuff, you know.
Swift Viper wrote:I'm still trying to get my UT fix up. The shield belt and other effects show up right now, but there are still problems like trying to get on servers.
Well, if you wish, post those too, and we'll address.
When I was messing around in UnrealED, I found two icons for The Claw that were not used in the game, Nail and Shrink. I understand there was not time to do everything, but what exactly were them two modes going to do anyway and how were they going to work besides Shrink?
Yes, sometimes things just don't get done in time. I believe they were going to be grenade types. Don't even remember clearly now, but perhaps a nade that shot out nails, and the other one simply to shrink players. I think Spa wanted to have players bleeding out bunch of tiny holes like those guys in the cartoons who get shot up and then drink something and it comes pouring out. Maybe, something , not sure.
There was also an hoverboard in there that I never saw in the game. What was that going to be used for anyway?
Just as it sounds. We had originally planned on letting you jump on there and fly around.
Also, how come the Chaos Jump Boots never had a class name? There was no way to summon it.

Dunno.
As for a idea for the greande launcher, the Claw is kind of like a grenade launcher in CUT, so I think the Greande Launcher in CUT2E should be the Claw. After all it is more original then a normal grenade launcher.
Granted. The Claw2 will fire at least 3 types of nades. Already in-game and working is our 'change-ammo' button, allowing you to change from one grenade type to another. And the code seems pretty solid. What is not in yet is the model.

For you sir, I took the time to up another pic just now, and here is an early-beta shot of a nampalm grenade in action. (but no, that's not the Claw2 of course)

You don't want to get in that mess. Under debate right now in playtesting is area of effect and damage, etc. But it will hurt, this much I can promise.

Properly timed, should prove quite fun around a control point or flag maybe? :wink:
jb

Post by jb »

Swift Viper wrote:Also, how come the Chaos Jump Boots never had a class name? There was no way to summon it.
You can; it was put under the map packages:

summon utchaosmap.c_jumpboots

Not the most user friendly name.

Also the Hoverboard was dropped due to network issues. It just would lag too much on anything but low pings. It may make it back and it may not....
Jb
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback on them ideas. I'm having one problem, the picture you posted only showed up as a red X for me. I really want to see that nampalm grenade in action. Could it be posted on the website for all to see and without getting the red x problem?

BTW, I'll try to keep my UT alive until I get a new computer as it is not holding out so well right now.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Sorry about that, guess I took it down too soon. Should be able to see it now.

Guess I probably should put a napalm pic in a news post sometime soon huh?

Thanks Swift.
Swift Viper

I think I finally found out what weapons "fit in"

Post by Swift Viper »

From what I saw the in the story so far and the Chaos weapons from Quake 2 and Unreal Tournament, weapons that fit in with Chaos are ancient weapons and high-tech weapons. I guess they are the kind of weapons that really "fit in" right? I already know you post an answer to that R.Flagg, but more answers came to mind.

Sadly, I have no new ideas right now. But however, I might just get a new computer and UT2k3 VERY SOON. Plus, my computer is too buggy right now and UT won't work and uninstalling and Reinstalling only makes it work for a few game before it stops working again.

BTW, how exactly did CUT made it into UT G.O.T.Y. Edition along wtih Rocket Arena?
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

If you want this Moos opinion, CUT made it onto the UT GOTY disc based upon:

- superior weapon/item models and animations
- great coding
- Unique items/features like proxymines, hook, gravbelt and Vortex etc.
- and most Importantly: CUT was the next platform for ChaosDM for Quake2. A Q2 mod that attained astounding popularity and sprouted an entire community. A community of dozens of online Quake2 ChaosDM servers and hundreds of active players... for a long while.

IMO CUT failed to receive the popularity it deserved let alone the online popularity that was attained by the original ChaosDM.

Chaos: Evolution gives this mod another chance to regain it's past popularity. From this insiders POV.... they're (almost) on the right track :D
Lothar{Moo} :proxy:
jb

Post by jb »

Lothar{Moo} wrote: IMO CUT failed to receive the popularity it deserved let alone the online popularity that was attained by the original ChaosDM.
Keep in mind back in the day of ChaosDM Quake2 was the most popular game played on line with about 30,000 player on-line at any one in its prime. UT never got close to that number as it stayed around the 5,000 people at any one time. We have counter strike to thank for sucking up on average 50,000 players on-line at any given time over the last 2 years. That takes away a lot of potienal people that may have played UT. Then there is the fact that the UT and Q2 feel completly different in on-line play aslo keep some die hard quakers away from UT. I am not trying to make excusses but we did have an up hill battle.
Jb