Help with Grappling Hook not working

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
SubGum

Help with Grappling Hook not working

Post by SubGum »

I have 2 computer which I play LAN games of UT with the ChaosUT mod. When I join with my secopnd computerm it will not let me use the grappling hook. I've tried using different hot keys and it doestn't work. I have the version that comes with the "Game of the Year Edition."
"Hope Clouds Judgement."
-Dune
jb

Post by jb »

Ok did you install both PCs with the same versions? Inforgames would not let us put the proper settings in the unrealtournament.ini file to handle the replication for servers so you have to do it by hand.

Can you ensure if these are in your unrealtournament.ini file under the
[Engine.GameEngine] header:

ServerPackages=ChaosUT
ServerPackages=ChaosUTRHUD
ServerPackages=ChaosUTMiscMuts
ServerPackages=UTChaosMap
ServerPackages=ChaosGames

If these are not there please place them their on the PC that is the server... see if that works.
Jb
SubGum

Post by SubGum »

I can assure you that they both have the same version since I installed chaos mod from the 2nd disc of the "Game of the Year Edition" on both computer so they have the same versions. And it appears in the mutators list of both computer. The kick works but nothing else (grapple, kamikaze). I'll try putting that in my unrealtournament.ini file though. I'll post later to tell if it worked.
"Hope Clouds Judgement."
-Dune
SubGum

Post by SubGum »

I know it's taken me forever to reply, but I tried putting it in the unrealtournament.ini file and it didn't help any.
"Hope Clouds Judgement."
-Dune
jb

Post by jb »

can you try to repeate this again and when it does not work, quit the game and send me the unrealtournament.log file so we can take a better look?
Jb