UT2003 Editor Issues

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
TexasAllStars

UT2003 Editor Issues

Post by TexasAllStars »

The Unreal Tournament 2003 Editor goes nuts for no apparent reason...Any ideas? It gives a wiregrid map, says "No Prefab" then shows one of the steel textures. I have to close it through Task Manager. Any ideas?
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

8O oh No!its the Unrealed goblin...
jb

Post by jb »

Yikes 8O

Double check your ut2003\system dir as there should be an edditor.log and a ut2003.log. Make sure there are no glaring errors there. Make sure your update patch wise....and maybe reinstall UT2k3?
Jb
TexasAllStars

Post by TexasAllStars »

Oh man...if I reinstall UT2K3, then that means I'm gonna have to reinstall everything, huh? (redeemer)

Not cool...Definetly not cool.
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

if you copy your user.ini and back it up (well.. UT2003.ini too i guess), it should only delete the files that were originally installed. It should leave any files you added (maps, mods, etc) as long as those didnt edit any of the main files other than user.ini and ut2003.ini

note.. i said *should* 8O
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Yeah , I've reinstalled UT2k3 many times , and The Only mods I've found that would need to be Reinstalled are Faceoff(i think) and Team Freeze Deathmatch. Oh , dont forget to Reinstall the Patch and bonuspack , those definately need reinstallation.