Remake of Sandwarz (need help/ideas)

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.

What kind of map would you like to see made by Defilus?

DeathMatch
No votes
King of the Hill
38%
Duel
38%
CTF
25%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 8

Defilus

Remake of Sandwarz (need help/ideas)

Post by Defilus »

I started a new thread earlier about my making a map for CUT2.

I didn't get alot of support (probably because people couldn't downlaod the map...) so I have begun from scratch again.

But i need input from the CUT2 community. I would like to know what kind of map the demand is for at the moment. I will remake SandWarz according to what people want to see.

The old link and download procedure still remains the same. But this time i really would like some feedback/input/things you hate. I'm aspiring to be a professional map maker or game designer so doing this would really point me in the right direction.

That and i LOVE making maps =D

The last note is that i am a n00b map maker, so if i ask for help plz don't flame about me being a n00b. I already know that. =)

To download previous version of SandWarz (DeathMatch) Right click the link below and choose "Save As" from the list. Select where you want to save it, and extract the map from the .zip file to your UT2003/maps directory.

http://us.share.geocities.com/thezergin ... ndwarz.zip

I look forward to making a map that everyone will enjoy!
"The most wasted chunk of flesh is your own."
-Anonymous
Defilus

need DESPERATE terrain help!!!!!

Post by Defilus »

I really need help in making the Terrain for the maps.

I used <A HREF="http://udnbeta.epicgames.com/Content/Cr ... rain">this tutorial</A> once before in making terrain and it worked perfectly. however when i try to make terrain now it NEVER SHOWS UP. I have tried several different routines for terrain, but i CANT GET IT TO WORK!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Help, anyone?

Edit: whan i DO get them to work, they always have massive BSP clip errors (i.e. random tixels of terrain appearing on screen, etc) How do i fix this?
-Anonymous
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I've got your map now Sir, but I've not played it yet.

Sorry about that, I'm just hitting these one at a time when I can. Not in any particular order.

Inbetween trying to playtest the next patch. Which is being particularly frustrating at the moment. Spittin' bullets right about now. Arrggghhh! :wink:

But I will play the map, and offer comments. I am Very happy to see folks mapping for CHaos, and I'm gonna help you guys test these as much as I can.
Defilus

Post by Defilus »

I've managed to fix both of these errors.
Terrain - had to be in "layers" to paint the terrain. good going me... XD
BSP - Video Drivers. thats all i need to say.
-Anonymous