ChaosUT Logo and Map Promotion...

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
LoQtUS

ChaosUT Logo and Map Promotion...

Post by LoQtUS »

I have seen this many times on the forums from people wanting us to promote ( Put it on the ChaosUT Website) their maps.
It dose not fit the theme of the map and why I have to add a logo when you need chaos to play the map ?
Well you see it all started back during ChaosDM ( the version for Q2 ) when any quake map could be used for the game because everything rotated or replaced the origional weapons. The only way they could distinguish a Chaos Map from a Quake map was that all of the Chaos Maps had the Chaos Logo and the Chaos Lettering in them.

Flash forward to 1999 when an awesom Mapper Named Jezz was the lead mapper for ChaosUT. This dorky know nothing Fan boy decides to try his hand at making a map. His first attempt was a horrable scar on the chaos world known as Chaotic Temple. When that dork was close to completing the eyesore with no kind of gameplay value He asked Jezz if he would put it on the ChaosUt website. Now keep inmind that Jezz is one of the nicest people that you have ever met and did not want to hurt this fan boys feelings. Jezz told him that it could be promoted on the ChaosUT website but there were 2 conditions that needed to be met for it to be a Chaos Map. 1. It had to have the Chaos Logo, and 2 it had to have the Chaos Lettering in it Somewhere Visable.

That Fan Boy now goes by the name of LoQtUS, and happens to have become the lead mapper. He also cherishes the traditions that have been handed down to him from the previous Chaos Lead Mappers. Over the years manny have been verry creative with how the add the Logos and letterings, but they have been there every time.

So you see, they arnt my rules, but they wont be broken on my watch.
Im sorry its not open for discussion, and i dont see why a mapper cant get creative and try to make it hard to find. And no i dont mean by hard to find Not there. Im sorry if this doesnt make you happy, but since i have become lead mapper many have attempted to get me to budge from it, and I will tell you now that not even Spa could get me to let one slip by and he started this whole thing.
The Dark Side of Chaos.