John 'AngelHeart' Falgate

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

I haven't had much trouble running AChina on my system. I get a slight framerate hit, but all my details are set to max. It's still quite playable, the slowest it gets is maybe 15-20 FPS with alot of bots. Though the scale is a little off. It's a beautiful map though.
Beef

Post by Beef »

my brother converted dm-Achina to a duel map, i just have to submit it to a download site
(rflag) (insta)
Beef

Post by Beef »

ok im submiting it to fasterfiles now
(rflag) (insta)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

And Angelheart was cool with that when you asked him first?
Beef

Post by Beef »

well it says that other is still him it just says "angelheart (converted by reckless)" and im pretty sure he would be
(rflag) (insta)
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Beef wrote:well it says that other is still him it just says "angelheart (converted by reckless)" and im pretty sure he would be

[scold]you should never assume on things like that [/scold]
LordHoban

Post by LordHoban »

Has the Chaotic Team tried to recruit this AngelHeart guy? I haven't actually played any of his maps yet, but of the screenshots I've seen, and the feedback on them, he seems like he'd be a great asset to the team, and can only improve what's shaping up to be an already great product.
These days, life may be slow, but at least I've got my movie in Post Production.

-Live action comicbook fantasy/adventure
-http://walkerafterdark.8k.com
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

The last official quote from him that I recall seemed to indicate that he doesn't map for the actual game, he just likes to create visually pleasing worlds in Unrealed. Most of his maps look great, but are really hard on the FPS, so it is doubtful he would want to work for a mod group.
LordHoban

Post by LordHoban »

Shadowstar wrote:The last official quote from him that I recall seemed to indicate that he doesn't map for the actual game, he just likes to create visually pleasing worlds in Unrealed. Most of his maps look great, but are really hard on the FPS, so it is doubtful he would want to work for a mod group.
Has anyone tried asking him? Even just having him onboard creating certain visual maps that you could have a second person go in and optimize might work. I'd say it was worth a shot.
These days, life may be slow, but at least I've got my movie in Post Production.

LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

The difrence is that the maps that he makes have verry little game play value. Hence, when playn them you can run into dead ends, areas arnt designed for Weapons pickups, so on and so forth. Dont get me wrong, Im sure that if he put a little more thought in to the layout of the map as it relates to game play His maps would be flawless. But the fact remains, that we want maps that play well.

To answer your Question, No I havnt asked him. Im pretty sure that he knows who we are, and if he was interested in working on Chaos he would contact us.
The Dark Side of Chaos.
|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

Post by |GoD|Plaguelord|LDR| »

LoQtUS wrote:The difrence is that the maps that he makes have verry little game play value. Hence, when playn them you can run into dead ends, areas arnt designed for Weapons pickups, so on and so forth. Dont get me wrong, Im sure that if he put a little more thought in to the layout of the map as it relates to game play His maps would be flawless. But the fact remains, that we want maps that play well.

To answer your Question, No I havnt asked him. Im pretty sure that he knows who we are, and if he was interested in working on Chaos he would contact us.
*Stomp* and that would be the sound of LoQ putting his foot down ;)
|GoD| clan co-leader
SK Online Community Coordinator
Visit the Temple of the |GoD|s
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Ooohh..., I luv it when Loq put's his foot down. Get's me all excited. :wink:

Though I wouldn't go quite that far with my friend. I mean, he's right, Mr. Falgate has stated plainly that game play is not usually on the top of his list. But, IMO some of his maps are in fact quite playable, it's just that his best stuff is realism maps.

And to be honest, while of course it'd be awesome to have a Chaos map from him (way, way awesome), over the years I've always been kinda hoping he'd join up with the INF team.

Sure, his maps get changed over to INF maps as soon as they are released anyway (with permission, of course), you still can't help but wonder what they'd be like if he started them that way.
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Oh No!!!! Dont get me wrong, I would love to have Mr. Fallgate on Our mapping crew, but Im sure that he has been contacted by just about every mod developer out there, and the fact that he is not on a mod team at the moment tells me that he is not interested in working on a mod team. So i wont bother him, Ill just check out his maps in quiet admeration. :)

Oh, and by the way, Beef. I think you should contact Mr.Fallgate before you upload a changed version of his map to any public site and ask permission. I have had people upload my maps to public down load sites without changing the map, and without my permission. Let me tell you, it pissed me off pretty bad cause the uploaded it under their name.
Last edited by LoQtUS on Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Side of Chaos.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

R.Flagg wrote:Ooohh..., I luv it when Loq put's his foot down. Get's me all excited. :wink:

. . . what is it with you and loQ's feet , flagg. . .
LordHoban

Post by LordHoban »

Oh No!!!! Dont get me wrong, I would love to have Mr. Fallgate on Our mapping crew, but Im sure that he has been contacted by just about every mod developer out there, and the fact that he is not on a mod team at the moment tells me that he is not interested in working on a mod team. So i wont bother him, Ill just check out his maps in quiet admeration.
There are other ways of bringing aboard someone like Mr. Fallgate than right out asking him to join. Try an indirect route, find a way to become his friend. Then, somewhere down the line, ask if he'd like to contribute a map to your project. Work up from there. Just a suggestion. If you build his trust first, work up from there, he may never become an 'official' member, but unofficially might contribute some neat elements to the cause.

Anyway, not my call. Moving on.