just awesome..

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
bigbadwolf

just awesome..

Post by bigbadwolf »

I tested it last night at like 12:30 am... :twisted: I think the Vortex is just freaken twisted!!! Especially when you get pulled in.. And the flashing lighting effect.. woah.. The lens Flare is cool.. The sniper is way easier to use then any other weapon made for the game. The Claw 2 is cool. but i wish those little guys would move faster. Its funny to hear them taunt and make jokes. The only thing i didnt see that fit was the link gun.. But i guess you all are going to make another weapon for it..
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

Glad you like the mod! :)

Maybe you'll think different about proxy speed after they've been after you from time to time... :wink:
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
JeT

Post by JeT »

Indeed. After you get a few of those lil guys coming at your from different sides, you'll get confused and they GET ya. b00m. 8)

Or you could grapple up to escape them, throw a gravity vortex in the zoom, and grapple out in the nick of time while you rake up the points. 8)
Retired CUT2 Coder
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

JeT wrote:Or you could grapple up to escape them, throw a gravity vortex in the zoom, and grapple out in the nick of time while you rake up the points. 8)
I tried that once. This resulted in a small vortex package containing me, eight proxies and a bot... :wink:
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

Post by |GoD|Plaguelord|LDR| »

Yes this Total Conversion is as the game would say, "Wicked Sick!"

I do hope that the 'lil white square around the laser sighting of the CUT Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifle gets fixed :wink:

I was also hope'n that you guys could boost the proxy speed just a bit, you can easily out run those 'lil buggers w/ the translocator and/or grappling hook :twisted:

One more thing, I want melee weapons :D, I think we all want melee weapons... are they going 2 be in the next release?
|GoD| clan co-leader
SK Online Community Coordinator
Visit the Temple of the |GoD|s
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

It is possible to escape the proxies, I agree on that, though I'm not entirely sure they should be made faster. Part of the strategy in placing them is to find places where victims won't even know it until it's too late. There's nothing like stepping into a room, looking around, breathing a sigh of relief "Ahh, no proxies" only to hear seconds later the chorus "Ooooh!" and dozens of the little guys come pouring out of the woodwork!

Grapple all you want, they'll get you before you can escape. I've had a few encounters like that -- unfortunately with my own proxies. I'm infamous for laying devious traps and then being the one who walks into them. I set up a room with firemines and proxies, then blunder in, trigger the firemines, tenderizing myself and pissing off the proxies at the same time, and then it's all over...

I think we need to give them an explosion sound effect, though. Because when they explode, they don't sound like they explode, they maybe scream or something, but they don't make a little boom like they should.

I will make some sounds for that if the rest of the team agrees.

I could have fun with that... Maybe a juicy boom or a little proxy giggle as they explode... Maybe they should pop like baloons? Dunno... Anyone got any ideas? The default explosions won't cut it... Proxies deserve thier own.
nighthawk

Post by nighthawk »

they should blow up with a really big laugh.... this would get the player just a little more angry that he got killled by one :)