2k4 vehicle demo trailer

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Sir Tahngarth

2k4 vehicle demo trailer

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

Have yall checked this out? it looks farkin l33t!

oh, and hi. expect to see more of me in a month or so. :twisted:
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!
Proxymus

Post by Proxymus »

Greetings and welcome, fellow Knight of Chaos. 8)

I've got the video on my HD.....I liked the buggy with the retractable blades. And that transforming one was crazy unstopabble!!
I wonder if there're any vehicles planned for Chaos.

To the PROXY MOBILE!! [hums in high pitched voice]
*Formerly known as AnarKy*
Melekai

Post by Melekai »

checked it out yeah.. its awesome.. btw.. firebird rocks.. nice fast boroser in comparison
and the autosortin g downloads is a WONDERFUL addition

anyway UT vehilces look SO SWEET..
now all we need are lager enough to take 5 minutes to fly accross :P.. then we could make some NICE adventure games with the melee system from cahosUT :)
woot
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Well, A Chaos Adventure game could be possible, sort of a coop version of UT.

But it would need specially designed maps. Still, not too difficult to do. Maybe have character classes and use Invasion monsters and such...
Melekai

Post by Melekai »

that would be sweet, :) how large can you make maps?.
i was thinking you could make relaly large maps, but when editing the maps, you could set up a spawning system for monsters, for isntance to make sure games dont get to clogged you could have a monster spawner set in different parts of this huuuuuge map, and it would only spawn monsters if it could SEE/sense a player in the vicinity. and its range could be set in a mutator config with wider ranges for higher end systems.. that kinda thing..
maybe even do teh same with trees and stuff,.. i dont know how much they take up..

and im sersiously curious what you could do to create a huge map.. like what if you shrunk players and slowed the appririatly so that the maps would be somewhat larger. what is a limit in say.. walking time for example for a maxed size map...

i was thinking big forests, a few mountains a valley.. something that could take you a good 10 minitues to just walk across. or bigger if you were to have mountable dragons.
NeoNight

Post by NeoNight »

speaking of ut2k4.... oh man is it gonna be fun playing chaos in ONS or assault. Using fire mines/proxy's to help protect objectives or power nodes. Using the EDRW to shoot someone driving a thank lol (freakin trying to get on top of the thing just use alt-fire and shoot right throught it! lol :twisted: :wink: :P
A knight of the new........
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

here is one ya prolly never thought of:
How bout hooking that miniplane and being draged through the air.
The Dark Side of Chaos.
NeoNight

Post by NeoNight »

haha yeah thats another one lol
A knight of the new........
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Well, Invasion already has code that prevents it from spawning monsters too far away from players.

So, making an adventure type of game out of it wouldn't require a major modification to the code, only something that would allow for objective-based gameplay instead of wave-based. Perhaps we will build something like this into Chaos Invason.

Objectives can be designed using the scripting system, built straight into the map.

My DM-CE-IN-Roguelike map (WIP) has 2 general locations for players to spawn. The level is layed out like a typical Roguelike map, and monsters will spawn around the players as they explore. However, the map is designed ideally for our Chaos Invasion gametype, which isn't complete. So it's not likely that I will release it until after PR3.

Unrealed can already build incredibly large maps. Using the maximum possible level size, it's possible to make maps that would take hours to explore. Of course, one accepts that such a map would have an astronomical file size most likely.
Melekai

Post by Melekai »

and there fore be very laggy and very un-nice to download? .. small price to pay i think :)