ChaosUT Not working at all

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Trel

ChaosUT Not working at all

Post by Trel »

If I start it from the community section of UT2k4 I get
UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 932 MHz with 383MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX (5216)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package Tex) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (Tex 3672326) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (kitty_pic_01 3672326) <- ULinkerLoad::Create <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Material kitty_textures.Tex.kitty_pic_01 NULL) <- CacheParseLine::Players <- UxUtil::CacheLoad <- UxUtil::CacheGet <- UxUtil::execGetPlayerRecord <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController, Function XInterface.GUIController.InitializeController) <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

If I start from the special shortcut I get a runtime error that says
Runtime Error

Program: C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
This start occuring today (no changes made) before and after the new patch.
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Can you (or did you) delete your ChaosUT2.ini file? It needs to regenerate itself post patch.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Trel

Post by Trel »

jeditobe1 wrote:Can you (or did you) delete your ChaosUT2.ini file? It needs to regenerate itself post patch.
I'll do it, but as I said it started happening today (before AND after the patch)
Trel

Post by Trel »

thanks, deleting it worked, since it also happened before the patch, I'm guessing the file became corrupt or something. Thanks :)
jeditobe1

Post by jeditobe1 »

Glad it worked.
Flyboy

Post by Flyboy »

Ok.
Thought I would try this mod, so I d/l CUT2 PR30UMOD.zip and cut2pr301 umod.zip. Installed it on my PC and it runs fine.
But...I copied the zip files to my girlfriends PC (via network) and installed on her PC, and UT2004 wont even start. I get General Protection Fault as follows:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-07-27_14.28]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1896 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 (6404)

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Class MasterServerClient) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (MasterServerClient 78753) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateImport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 1485950)) <- UObjectProperty::Serialize <- (ObjectProperty GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community.MSC) <- LoadObject <- (ObjectProperty GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community.MSC 1485950==1485950/2386961 1485933 17) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UState::Link <- UClass::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community) <- LoadObject <- (Class GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community 1485950==1485950/2386961 254591 322) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class GUI2K4.UT2K4MainMenu NULL) <- AActor::ProcessState <- Object ScriptedTriggerController NoIntro.ScriptedTriggerController, Old State State Gameplay.ScriptedTriggerController.Scripting, New State State Gameplay.ScriptedTriggerController.Scripting <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I tried uninstalling ChaosUT2 and UT2004 runs perfect again....but everytime I try to reinstall ChasUT2 I get same fault (patched or not).

I looked at all your forum posts, and tried the previous answers, still no joy.
HELLLPPPPPPP!!!!
Mad Max RW

Post by Mad Max RW »

This happened to me once and nothing worked because a vital system file was missing after the latest patch. There is one solution I know of that definitely fixes it. Reinstall Ut2k4 ontop of the current installation then apply the patch again. That's only if you want to save all your current maps and mods. Deleting everything and start from scratch always works.
jb

Post by jb »

Flyboy

sorry for your trouble. So you coppied the install umods over to her PC, installed them and it does not work. Correct? Also you can try to remove the users.ini and ut2004.ini from her ut2004\system dir. As well as the ChaosUT2player and ChaosUT2.ini from the Ut2004\chaosut2\system dir and try that?
Jb
jeditobe1

Post by jeditobe1 »

jb wrote: As well as the ChaosUT2player and ChaosUT2.ini from the Ut2004\chaosut2\system dir and try that?
Its ChaosUT2user.ini and ChaosUT2.ini, but yeah.

Theres also occasionally a problem with some settings in the original UT2004 install. The way to counteract this is to remove the ini files mentioned above, then backup the UT2004.ini and User.ini in your main UT2004\System folder. After backing them up, remove them as well, and restart the mod. It should hopefully start up. After this, replace the UT2004.ini and User.ini files (to get normal settings back for UT2004), and reconfigure the chaos-startup as you like.
Flyboy

Post by Flyboy »

:D :D :D :D :D
OK...
I backed up and removed my UT2004.ini and User.ini in the main UT2004\System folder and reloaded the UMOD. The game wouldn't start then, I got an invalid CD Key message.....But as soon as I put the old UT2004.ini and User.ini in the main UT2004\System folder, it started :D :D

WOOHOO!!! :P :P :P

I wish I could understand what all that crap meant in the Fault window....but it doesn't matter now coz you fixed it :P :P

Thanx guys
Flyboy

Post by Flyboy »

DOH!!

OK...so UT2004 starts and works fine....
ChaosUT starts and is stable,......but if I click on the 'Join Game' or any other button....it crashes again....

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-07-27_14.28]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1915 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 (6404)

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UExporter::FindExporter <- UExporter::ExportToOutputDevice <- UObject::ExportProperties <- (c_Tabs) <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage) <- LoadObject <- (Class GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage 188557==188557/2386961 188336 221) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class ChaosGames.ChaosGUI_UT2K4ServerBrowser NULL) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosGUI_MainMenu Package.ChaosGUI_MainMenu, Function ChaosGames.ChaosGUI_MainMenu.ButtonClick) <- UObject::ProcessDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 642E3037 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I removed all .ini files mentioned to allow them to regenerate (including the ChaosUT2player and ChaosUT2.ini from the Ut2004\chaosut2\system dir).
This didn't help...

Please do your magic at reading the fault again....coz I haven't got a clue 8O
wulf20

can't remove because not there

Post by wulf20 »

those chaos ini. files I don't even have them soo what should I do?
jb

Re: can't remove because not there

Post by jb »

wulf20 wrote:those chaos ini. files I don't even have them soo what should I do?
Thats ok if you dont have them. We just ask to remove them as old info in them could cause the crash. If you dont have them, then you dont have to worry about it :)

Flyboy,

can you play an off line game of Chaos on the PC that crashes?

Again sorry about the trouble that you have wulf20 have been having!
Jb
Flyboy

Post by Flyboy »

jb wrote:Flyboy,

No :(
Game crashes as soon as ANY button is pressed
jb

Post by jb »

Flyboy wrote:
jb wrote:Flyboy,

No :(
Game crashes as soon as ANY button is pressed
Yikes, since nothing else seems to be working...would you be willing to install UT2k4 over the top. Install the current UT2k4 patch. Install Chaos3/3.01 then try it again? You dont have to delete or remove anything...just install them over the top. Sorry for such a drastic move but at this point I have no idea on the cause...
Jb