Possible Gravity vortex copy?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Ok sorry didnt mean to turn this into a political discussion.
The Dark Side of Chaos.
Finn_bryant

Post by Finn_bryant »

where were we, oh yeah that b@sturd stole chaos code!

what do we do?
azrael

Mail to UT200x HQ

Post by azrael »

Hi guys! Miss me? Remember me, even?
Just lurking as usual when I saw this thread. When I saw that mutator and its authors name, I was so incensed that I wrote them a terse but polite e-mail pointing out the fact that the mut. contains stolen code and artwork. May I suggest that anyone else annoyed by his turn of events do the same. And that the Chaos team send an oficial complaint to team@ut200xfiles.com so that at least the mut. will be taken off the site.
Sorry if I steped on anones toes with this, but I kinda-sorta have a personal vendetta against this "Vaptor" character, ever since he started trying to take over other peoples mods on the Atari forums, mainly by shouting loudly. The guy is "dave"-level bad news.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Possible Gravity vortex copy?

Post by R.Flagg »

Thanks for the headsup chaoskirina.

Nothing wrong with pointing that kind of stuff out (both to us and to him).

As far as I'm concerned, I think it's great for Chaos fans to say something when this happens, just please learn from the mistakes so many of us have made before, and do it with some class.
chaoskirina

Re: Possible Gravity vortex copy?

Post by chaoskirina »

R.Flagg wrote:Thanks for the headsup chaoskirina.

Nothing wrong with pointing that kind of stuff out (both to us and to him).

As far as I'm concerned, I think it's great for Chaos fans to say something when this happens, just please learn from the mistakes so many of us have made before, and do it with some class.
Right, next time i'll say it like a stuck-up british baron.

Is that class for you? lol.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Welll I dunno, think you can pull it off?

That's one of those things like singing. There's a lot more folks who think they can do it than there are who actually can.
azrael

Post by azrael »

In case anyone's interested, here is the full text of the e-mail I sent, minus any identifying marks:
Lord Edward StJohn Winstanleigh III, fourth Baron of Sengir wrote:To whomever it may concern:
It has come to my attention that one of the mutators hosted on your site, specifically this one:
http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.c ... n_xs;56064
which calls itself Guardian xs, contains code copied wholesale from several other mods and mutators, as well as artwork which appears to also have been taken from other mutators and then modified, possibly in an attempt to evade detection.
The affected mods include both "Weapons of Evil" and "Chaos UT2:E" but there may be more. These two mods are both long established and well known in the community, as I am sure you are aware. What you may not be aware of is the fact that the team behind Chaos have not given their permission for their code to be used in this manner and I would consider it unlikely that Mr. Evil, the person behind WoE has given their permission as no-one has been able to contact them (as far as I am aware) for several months. Additionally, if the alleged author of the Guardian xs mutator is the same {DDG}Vaptor as used to frequent the Atari community forums then this is not the first time they have attempted to pass off other peoples' ideas as their own.
Please, could you investigate this as soon as possible and take such action as you deem appropriate against this {DDG}Vaptor person.
:wink:
Finn_bryant

Post by Finn_bryant »

well put, people will always appriciate it and try to do whatever they can when you are as polite as that.
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

azrael wrote:In case anyone's interested, here is the full text of the e-mail I sent, minus any identifying marks:
Lord Edward StJohn Winstanleigh III, fourth Baron of Sengir wrote:To whomever it may concern:
It has come to my attention that one of the mutators hosted on your site, specifically this one:
which calls itself Guardian xs, contains code copied wholesale from several other mods and mutators, as well as artwork which appears to also have been taken from other mutators and then modified, possibly in an attempt to evade detection.
The affected mods include both "Weapons of Evil" and "Chaos UT2:E" but there may be more. These two mods are both long established and well known in the community, as I am sure you are aware. What you may not be aware of is the fact that the team behind Chaos have not given their permission for their code to be used in this manner and I would consider it unlikely that Mr. Evil, the person behind WoE has given their permission as no-one has been able to contact them (as far as I am aware) for several months. Additionally, if the alleged author of the Guardian xs mutator is the same {DDG}Vaptor as used to frequent the Atari community forums then this is not the first time they have attempted to pass off other peoples' ideas as their own.
Please, could you investigate this as soon as possible and take such action as you deem appropriate against this {DDG}Vaptor person.
Dood You rock!!!
The Dark Side of Chaos.
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

azrael wrote:In case anyone's interested, here is the full text of the e-mail I sent, minus any identifying marks:
Nice. very classy. I like it! :twisted:
GB

Post by GB »

lol, thats how its done back in 'blighty me 'ole chum etc etc

/drinks tea with pinky outstretched

Thats far more civilised than us northeren scots....
"All i know is my gut says maybe"