Chaos Web Design

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
cyberhawk

Chaos Web Design

Post by cyberhawk »

Hi guys,

New design is underway!! I'm currently working on the header and would like to have the latest Bastard Sword render with a transparent background. Preferably a flat overview shot showing the entire length. If you can hook me up with that thatscrawnykid, I'd sure appreciated it. :)

Thanks
Founder of Unreal Central: "Keeping It Unreal"
Owner/Web Designer of Cyberhawk Designs

UT Creations: IK-Stealth-V3 for UT2004 * IK-Soldiers-LE for UT2004 * IK-XARK-V1D for UT3
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Chaos Web Design

Post by R.Flagg »

(wee)
thatscrawnykid
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by thatscrawnykid »

Greg, I've sent you a PM with the requested material. Can't wait to see what you have in store.
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Thanks buddy, that's exactly what I needed....great job btw on the sword!!! :)

Please give me all the feedback on this as you can. We want it to be near perfect. :)

UT Creations: IK-Stealth-V3 for UT2004 * IK-Soldiers-LE for UT2004 * IK-XARK-V1D for UT3
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I'll go first. :P

First reaction? F'in Awesome! This is why you were the only one I had in mind for this position. I could live with that with no changes at all, and love it.

But, since you're asking;

What if we remove the text "Chaos" , and replace that with "Chaotic Dreams". and perhaps in stylish cursive or something just underneath maybe even overlapping a touch, is the word "presents".

Then, all the various versions of Chaos are linked to on the menu bar below.
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Sure thing man. :)

cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Something like this?

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yes sir, exactly like that!

I just noticed , on the side of the skull face, where on the 'other' final logo there are like two metal wires that connect top to lower, it looks in this version like the face has been extended down, and those connecting wires are over top of a 'fatter' looking face.

Do you see what I mean? Was that for a reason?
thatscrawnykid
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by thatscrawnykid »

Looking very slick, one thing I will point out is that you didn't use the ambient occlusion layer I included in the PSD file. set that to multiply over the full material layer this will make the dark areas on the sword look right. The only reason I didn't do that all ready was so you'd have some control over the intensity.

Aside from that I'd like to see the swords a bit bigger. I know they are not supposed to be to scale but maybe beef them up a little as they look a bit like letter openers compared to the skull. Also the tips of the swords look like little horns poking out of the skull right now. I would move them a bit closer together in addition to the larger scale and that would fix that.

I think what flag was pointing out is that there is what appears to be a copy of the skull that is offset a bit, as you can see two sets of cheek bones.

You've pretty much nailed it though, couple little tweaks here and there and I'd say we have a web page.
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

R.Flagg wrote:Yes sir, exactly like that!

I just noticed , on the side of the skull face, where on the 'other' final logo there are like two metal wires that connect top to lower, it looks in this version like the face has been extended down, and those connecting wires are over top of a 'fatter' looking face.

Do you see what I mean? Was that for a reason?
OOOOPS....my fault....that's another layer of the skull with the shadow. I moved the upper layer upward and forgot about the 2nd.

cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hehe! Neat!

Is there any chance we can just keep 'em both 'on file', and like, use one, oh I dunno, like during Standard Time, and the other one during Daylight Savings or something? Cause I like both.

Great work!

Since you seem to be able to do anything - what would he look like with a Santa's hat? (obviously I'm just goofin' at this point, ignore me if you're time is limited)
thatscrawnykid
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by thatscrawnykid »

Heh thats pretty good, I'm still partial to the first design myself but I'm down for whatever. We definitely need to do some Christmas proxies though that would be great haha.
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

All of the above! :D

Edit: If I were Forced to pick a favorite, it'd prolly be the last one posted. But I like all of them. Far as I'm concerned you could rotate them at random, if that's possible. They're all good.