Chaos Web Design

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Chaos Web Design

Post by Dr.Flay »

We could do with something more generic that fits the FB and twitter headers.
I had a mess around filling space and obscuring the extra text, but I'm not "feeling it"
Maybe it needs some chestnuts ?
FBxmas.jpg
FBxmas.jpg (206.64 KiB) Viewed 25237 times
(No this pic has not been posted, only used for a quick template.)

Perhaps we could have some Chaotic models wrapped in Xmas paper texture, to add to some pics ?
A pile of Chaos shaped prezzies ?
... *ahem* TSK ? :wink:
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Nice looking template Doc.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

cyberhawk wrote:Thanks Flagg :) I have more tweaking to do, but in the end it should be a Chaotic Showcase. hehe I'd like to a add a donation button on the sidebar...just need an email address you use for PayPal. Thanks man.
Greg,

I'm not familiar with PayPal, as I/we have never used it before. I'll have to do some research on how to handle it, and then we can use our private mod management section to discuss it with team. You mentioned once that there was more than one 'donate' button path we can go, is PayPal the way you recommend?

Also if you poke around in there, you can see various pages that just seem generally messed up.

NOTE! - I know full well these most certainly were not caused by you and your recent site re-design! Many of those pages were kinda borked already. I just kept telling myself that I could put it off hoping that someday we'd get a new version of mod - and a new look on the site to go with it - and that I'd clean it up then. Well, now we have that new look, and I'm gonna start again working on cleaning it up.

So I'm not sure what 'tweaks' you have in mind, but I wouldn't mind help going through and 'cleaning up' many various pages. For example, just tonight I sort of tweaked the ChaosUT2:E Weapons page, as it had some funky spacing and misalignment's and stuff. And I'm sure it could still be better. (for example, Header 1 is different on one theme than it is on another, for example, and blockquote , etc)

Another example is the CUT2:E videos page, what used to be smaller preview type vid listings, now are showing up in full size, and running under the sidebars and stuff.

My usual plan is to just log in every so often when I have a bit of time, and pick a random page and clean it up a bit. IF you could help with that if/when you get a few free mins here and there over time, it would be great (there's a lot of pages on our site :wink: , and we haven't even started adding the newest version yet).
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

No problem Flagg.....those were the tweaks I was talking about. Some of the pages were a bit choppy, but didn't want to overstep. :)
Founder of Unreal Central: "Keeping It Unreal"
Owner/Web Designer of Cyberhawk Designs

UT Creations: IK-Stealth-V3 for UT2004 * IK-Soldiers-LE for UT2004 * IK-XARK-V1D for UT3
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Did some mild cleanups on

CUT2:E pages - items&features, Download, weapons, starting chaos

With the new theme, are we still Ok to just hit the Update button anytime the dashboard says new version of WP is available (as it does now)?
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Great job on the cleanup!! :)

I'm unable to update to the newest WordPress via the Dashboard. I believe there's a security issue with the hosting site as it won't let you update it and some plugins. Any time the update or plugin has to delete the older files before it installs the new version, the process will fail. I've been updating manually via SFTP.

UT Creations: IK-Stealth-V3 for UT2004 * IK-Soldiers-LE for UT2004 * IK-XARK-V1D for UT3
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hmm. Odd. I don't understand why the issue, but I can offer this - prior to the new theme you have applied, I was updating via the dashboard ever time I noticed it was available.

Have you / do we need to speak to Tim about this?

Hope your Christmas went well! Best wishes to you and your family, sir.
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

I've never experienced this problem either and I'm not positive, but I believe it's a security setting in which Tim could help. We could ask him and see if it's something on his side. If not, I'll work on getting it right from my side of things. :)

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I asked Tim to read your post, and now we seem to be updated and working!

Thanks Greg, and Tim!

Also updated some plugins. Next up is some themes, including Virtue. Wanted to ask you Greg if I/we wanted to do that or not. Not sure if you have any customizations on the theme that might need special attention?
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

cyberhawk wrote:Great job on the cleanup!! :)

I'm unable to update to the newest WordPress via the Dashboard. I believe there's a security issue with the hosting site as it won't let you update it and some plugins. Any time the update or plugin has to delete the older files before it installs the new version, the process will fail. I've been updating manually via SFTP.
Hey, sorry about that. It was because I've changed the ownership of the website files and directories, so that you (it was you who made the new theme, right?) could edit the files there. Forgot to change 'em back once you were done. Everything works fine now, and LFlagg has managed to update the website!
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Thank you so much Tim!! :)

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Still tweaking simple formatting stuff on lots of various pages. Not hard to do, but needed done just the same. Getting better every day!

But - can you help me figure out why the CUT2:E vehicles page is listed twice in the menu? (shrug)
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

Removed the redundant vehicles page link in menu. :) Sorry I've been away so long. Have been busy with moving, but I'm settled in. I have to wait for the guys at Time Warner to come, so I can get online. Right now I'm using the crappy tether from my phone. I think I'm addicted to the net .... I'm really jonesing over here. ;)

Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

I remember sitting in a caravan with my dog, trying to keep up with everything on an old Java based phone with Mini Opera 3.
Thankfully it saved me a lot of bandwidth and the RSS feeds became far more useful than ever.

Actually even now on Smart phones the Mini and mobile Operas are way better than the included browsers
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
Trixie Moo

Post by Trixie Moo »

Hi,

Just wanted to come by and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

I really love the new Chaotic Dreams "Face lift".

What a great new Logo, credit to cyberhawk's designing expertise. Also the snow animation is such a nice touch. It gives the look and feel of a three dimensional space and great for the season too. Awesome!

I just had to share (excited to see) the link with the FB Quake II Chaos group about the newest transition of Chaotic Dreams. It looks great!

Keep up the great work guys!

Cheers!
~Trixie Moo
*Admin of the FB Quake II Chaos group*