In need of help

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Biomech Deluxe

In need of help

Post by Biomech Deluxe »

Alright, i'm in need of a little help. I just tried to install both the UT bonus pack 4 (the christmas pack), AND our good friend, CUT v. 1.1. Note that i am working off of the game of the year edition, which i finally got around to installing on my laptop. Now, i made the stupid*** mistake of trying to install CUT v 1.1 before the bonus pack 4. Since then, i can't get CUT to work, either in the 1.1 manner or in the old GOTYE way. Suggestions? I really dont want to have to uninstal the program and lose all my skins, models, mods and such. Any help given is greatly appreciated.
~BM
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi

How exactly is it failing? Also;

Are you using the full CUT v1.1? It is needed if you are on GOTYE. The update will not work.

Do you have bonus pack 1? Did it come on your GOYTE cd? It also is required, but might be on your CD. And, UT v436 is best, if you are not on that already from CD.

You should be able to reinstall on top and not lose anything, except maybe ini files get rewritten. Back up your user.ini first if you want.

Matter of fact, I think you can uninstall UT and not lose all that stuff. Then just reinstall on top. When I did that the UT directory was still there will all my custom maps.

Let us know exactly how it's failing if none of this helps.
Biomech Deluxe

Thanks

Post by Biomech Deluxe »

I didn't know the full version (30-odd megs, wow!) was needed to update the GOTYE version. I will have to download it on the school's network tomorrow. Can I install the full version over the update version? D'you think that'll work? Anyhow, thanks much. I gotta get this worked out, i'm missin' the grapple like you wouldn't believe. :D Also, is there any way to download the 1.1 umod without the Chrek, server, and desktop umods?
~BM
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Installing overtop with v1.1 full install should work just fine.

FurrySound{Moo}
Biomech Deluxe

Post by Biomech Deluxe »

Thanks alot, guys. Nice to have good representation behind a good mod.
~BM