Duel-IntroArena *Updated*

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
Dangler

Duel-IntroArena *Updated*

Post by Dangler »

Well, been having fun with Duel,
So i took a F3#k around map and made it Duel.

I host a server (every once in awhile) because i don't have a dedicated,
but if you see me drop on in, [LXG]WeaponsOfMassDestruction (formerly [WFU]). I have everything on redirect, and am using my ([WFU]WeaponsOfMassDestruction) WeaponsMod/Mutator to start with all inventory in Duel :)
Also I use this to tweak players speed, versus melee swing speed for a more acurate feel, anyway...
Enjoy~

Cheers to the CUT team for their work on Melee in UT,
Nice job so far :D

http://www.westcoastgamerz.com/dangler/ ... oArena.zip

Last edited by Dangler on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Ownage! (up)

Just phenomenal
NeoNight

Post by NeoNight »

yeah great map it really has that "arena" "feel" to it :twisted:
A knight of the new........
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Ok, played it a couple more times, and I'm still diggin' it.

Though just for feedback, I'd suggest making the music optional (can't you do that by putting it in seperate .ogg?), and adding a non-melee weapon or two into the mappers choice mix.

I was unable to select all the melee's you had chosen for mappers choice, but I'm gonna check and see it's not me and/or or code.

Nice map.
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

8) Only thing I noticed was that my feet get snagged on the elevated side platforms when trying to run back down the ramps. Great looks and effects though. 8)
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

i noticed that this isnt in the mapping forums...this could use a good MOVE
gamer119

Post by gamer119 »

In order for Duel maps to work on all systems the prefix has to be Duel-*, currently your map is downloading as DUEL-IntroArena. Windows users will have no problem, but other systems such as Macintosh don't recognize the maps without the correct capitalization.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

another thing,the platform in the middle isnt sollid for karma(im using a karma mut,if its behind it,sorry),,This is the most areanish map i have ever played

and the 2nd best
Dangler

Post by Dangler »

Wow,
Hey thanks for the kind comments, and the Heads ups :D
I went in and fixed the stuff mention, some i knew about.

R.Flagg: yea man I'm a big Rune fan, so I wanted to do the same thing as far as melee in UT since before it came out, I was following this since Keto was trying to get it to work in KALS VAS forums, was glad JB popped in and took him in and helped him out, you guys have done a great job :D
I figured I'de just watch whoever was getting it together fastest, it woulda took me too long and i have not enough time, so I'm so glad you guys did it. 8)

For the music , whatever you have set up in your ogg player is what will play, map starts out with the map tune then reiterates thru whatever i have set up in my ogg player.

I fixed the collision and threw a gun in mappers choice, but i don't understand why would do this ? I noticed alot of the duel maps have
them in there, and some have No Duel weapons in there, but when you play Duel, all you get are Duel weapons right? I do anyway.
So what does the chaos map info really do, i dunno.

When i host a server I run a mut that gives all Duel weapons to a player at start, so they can switch during a match, but I checked it out normal, and I am able to select all weapons, except i just threw the ERDW in there
but you can't choose that, I'm not understanding that part, why put Guns in a duel map info?

Also, I can't get the Multi pickup base to spawn the grav belt at all
it just spawns nothing, then moves onto the next item next respawn time?

Anyway, Thanks Again for the kind words, I usually hate to change a map once it's 'out there', but I'm glad i went in and tied up the loose ends. :)

Please update your version , i took the caps out of the file name too.
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

one of the things the ChaosMapInfo weapon list does it provide a set of weapons the author feels is best suited to the map for use during "Mapper" modes (not sure if you knew this so figured id say it anyways).

However, pickups have been disabled in duel except in melee mode. However, using the chaos gravbelt options you can still force a random gravbelt to spawn or have the gravbelt at startup.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Dangler

Post by Dangler »

I only knew there was melee mode period for Duel, I must have missed something. Duel IS melee right? hmm, I guess i missed a setup screen or something. I tend to jump right into things, My bad.

**EDIT** OK, i found what your talking about, i never noticed
the weapon option and mappers choice, I understand.
However I would only be playing Melee, but in the future I will
give attention to this.
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Yes, Mappers Choice just gives a spin on Duel... making it like an Arena style multi-weapon showdown... so you can play it with Melee weapons or you can play it with the weapons the mapper chooses.
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire