jb, I need your help!!!! Now!!!!!!!!!

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Bruce Slater

jb, I need your help!!!! Now!!!!!!!!!

Post by Bruce Slater »

Peace jb!!!

Here Bruce!! I've imagined the first five weapons for CUT2!!! Here they
are:

a) Melee weapons:

1.) Impact Hammer*
2.) Gauntlet
3.) Ninja Blades
4.) E-Shocker
5.) Vaccum Generator
6.) Chainsaw*
7.) Bastard Sword*
8.) Transcolator *
9.) Transcolator Module Launcher
10.) Military Steel Knife
11.) Claw (Melee)

* = already existing weapons

b) Projectile weapons:

1.) Enforcer 2
2.) Enforcer 3 (semi-automatic sub-machinepistol)
3.) Chaingun
4.) High-Tech-Pumpgun
5.) CUT-Lightning-Gun

These are the first five weapons , I will imagine more weapons in the
following days 4 CUT2

a) Weapons:

Melee weapons:

1.) Impact Hammer: I think the same properties like in UT.
2.) Gauntlet: Like in Q3A this weapon is important for a „chaotic“ gameplay!
3.) Military Steel Knife: I think needn’t to say something about this...
4.) Ninja Blades (2 blades) : This should be the the new thing after the Bastr. – Sword!
5.) Chainsaw: You mustn’t forget this exemplar 4 CUT!!!!!
6.) E-Shocker: Yeah,this nice thing inflicts a deadly lighting to anyone who reaches to you
till a distance of 1 meters/3 feets – killing instantly. If your team member
uses it at the same time and is close to you the lightings „fusionate“ together
reaching twice so long like one E-Shocker!!!
7.) Bastard Sword: No changes except you should bind some special moves to keys!
8.) Vacuum Generator: Or shall I say „vacuum cleaner“ ? This funny thing sucks everybody
into it’s core , ripping/sucking anyone’s head/guts at distance of 3ft
9.) Transcolator: No changes...
10.) Transcolator Module Launcher: This thing is important because it can launch it 10
times higher than the normal transcolator – for ex-
ample if you want to reach a crane or high tower
from the ground.

1.) Enforcer 2: (starting ammo: 20-40 slugs , ammo: 40 slugs ( 2 clips)

This weapon shall be a much „enforcable“ version of the Enforcer with multiple ammo types.
It’s full covered with teflon (so it looks space-black) material – like the advanced weapons of
the FBI. It fires projectiles with with a projectile speed of 500 meters/sec. and a fire rate of 2
shoots in a second. the projectiles are made by a mix of uranium and teflon – also looking
black and has a diamond-coat. Hollow-coat slugs! Following ammo types are available:

1.) 9mm- uranium-teflon-diamond hollow-coat slugs : standard projectiles for the Enforcer 2.
2.) 9mm- u-t-d-h-c – PETN – slugs: ultra-explosive slugs, core filled with PETN-chemical!!!
3.) 9mm-u-t-d-h-c- plutonium- slugs: radioactive slugs
4.) 9mm-u-t-d-h-c-H2SO4^-27- slugs: ultra-corrosive slugs with acid coat
5.) 9mm-u-t-d-h-c-killer-slugs: using all features (acid,explosive,radioativ etc.) killer slugs

Damage Rate: damaging is zone-relative; that means if you hit the enemies feet ,the hit does
less damage, but if you hit his brain – the slug kills instantly.

1.) 9mm-u-t-d-h-c- slugs: feet/arms/chest/lungs/heart/throat/brain: 20/20/50/80/100/90/
instantly killing damage points
head(brain): instantly killing if no protection (shield belt etc.)
2.) 9mm-utdhc-PETN-slugs: standard slugs (utdhc-slugs) x 2 (twice the damage)
3.) 9mm-utdhc-plutonium-slugs: first like standard-slugs, but with the time more damage,
like the poison-crossbow. Deadly after a minute.
4) 9mm-utdhc-H2SO4^-27- slugs: 1.67x damage than standard slugs
5) 9mm-utdhc-killer-slugs: 3x damage than standard slugs , magnetic
Accesoires for Enforcer2: laser aimer and teflon-silencer //// Fire mode: pri./sec. fire the same

PS: You can pickup two of them

2.) Enforcer 3: (starting ammo: 40 slugs , ammo: 80 slugs , max. ammo: 400 slugs)

This weapon has no differences between the Enforcer 2, except the it’s a semi-automatic sub-machinegun
with a fire rate of 10 rounds/second (= 600 rounds/min.) (reload: after all 80 slugs are fired)
Almost the same look

Note: The Enforcer 2 & 3 should both have a futuristic form!

Accesoires: Laser aim , silencer, pressure-compressor-zentrifugal ( twice the speed to 1000m/s. and quads
the damage

Fire types: primary fire = fire / secondary fire = reload (reloads to 80 rounds)(Enforcer2 reloads to 40 rnds)

3.) Chaingun: ( 10 firing valves , staring ammo: 400 rounds , ammo: 400 rounds, max. ammo: 2000 rounds

This weapon has a devastating fire rate of 100 rounds/sec. (= 6000 rounds/minute) – yeah it’s a real killer
weapon but it uses the same projectiles like the Enforcer 2/3. automatic

But for a good gameplay: the damage rate per bullet is 2 points (1/10 of the Enforcer 2/3) . That means in a
half second your enemy is killed if he respawns with a health of 100 points.

it uses the same standard slugs like the Enforcer series and the multipication of the damage for other slug
types (explosive acid slugs etc.) is the same . (after 400 rounds it will reload to 400 rounds)
primary fire:
Accesoires : laser

4.) High-Tech- Pumpgun: ( 10 firing valves, staring ammo: 10 shells ,ammo: 10 shells, max. ammo: 100)

This is also a killer weapon – using 10 shooting projectile valves , from each of them a shell will be shot
with a speed of 1000m/s. , and it has a firing rate of 1 shoot per second,
The shells contain 10 lead units mixed with uranium,teflon and diamond. That means each shot =
= 10 shellvalves x 10 units per shell = 100 lead units per shoot: Each unit does a damage of 10 points
that means if each lead hits it’s target it does a total damage of 1000points!!!!!! But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............
This is distance-relative, here a list:

1 meter distance of the enemy = all leads hit their target = 1000 damage points
10 meters distance of the enemy = 10 leads hit their target = 100 damage points
100 meters distance of the enemy = 1 lead hits his target = 10 damage points

because the scattaring factor is distance-related, too

Secondary fire: the secondary fire fires a flak-ball with high speed, which sends 100 shrapnels on detonation
Kills everybody with standard health who is 10m close the flak detonation!!! ( Each shoot
with secondary fire = 10 ammo value is used , that means you ca max. fire 10 times with the
secondary fire) (the flak ball is 1/3 feet wide, fired from the middle of the gun)

Accesoires: laser

5.) CUT Lightning Gun: (10 lightning sources

Not the Lighting Gun of UT2k3 this weapon is similar to the Lightning Gun of Quake 3 Arena but doing
more damage: (lightning beam decreases the health of the enemy)

Damage rate in 1 second: 100 points
2 seconds : 200 points

Ammo use: after used for a second this ammo loses 10% of it’s standard ammo

Secondary fire: in the secondary fire you can charge the weapon up for 2 seconds. After 2 seconds it loses
1/5 of it’s beginning ammo. Here are the damage values:

1 second charge: red lightning , 100 damage points , 2 seconds charge: blue lightning, 200 d-points, laser-ac.

PS: You can pickup two!

* Bruce I cut and pasted both word files here. I also removed the other two post. you should be able to edit this post and aranage and change it as needed. Thanks so much for your time!
Jb
Last edited by Bruce Slater on Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce "Rampage" Slater, the escalating Future Extreme with a freakin' , tweakin' skill!!!
Classification: Futurtist, working on himself,
Most favourite Game: UT with CUT-Modification
UT configs. : 1024x768x16Bit x 2xAA,3dfx Glide
Using A3D/EAX
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

the only question i have is:
where the heck doya find da time to come up with all these ideas, and also where do you find the time to type them up? :)

ive had term papers that were shorter than that post :lol:
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!
Jan-Pieter
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Jan-Pieter »

Uhm...I think we have enough ideas for now
jb

Post by jb »

yea but i asked bruce to go ahead an relist his ideas as I thought a few of them were good. But we had it spread out over the 3 different message boards so figured lets get them all in one place for now and then when we have time we can go and see what makes sense.
Jb
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

BrO! Bruce is the Idea King!!! Keep em comming! :wink:
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

the damage your'e saying these weapons should have is ridiiculous. we dont need 20 weapons that just spray insane amounts of ammunition to kill anything in the general vincinity of your viewpoint in less than a second or two. even if you have skillz ur not going to live to see around the next corner with that...
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

He's got a point there. Some of them sound kinda powerful.

But....what I would suggest is that you not worry about being that specific at this point. The fact is that once myself and the rest of the beta team gets ahold of a new weapon, all of that is subject to change, and change greatly.

That is after a weapon has actually been selected. Keep in mind, even the guys who actually make the weapon models for the team have ideas that don't get used. We all do. Everybody throws out weapon ideas, and very few actually get used.

I guess my point is that you should think more in general terms, just overall ideas about what a weapon is and what it shoots. And not so much about specific damage numbers.

The more original, unique weapons you come up with, the better chance you'll see them come alive. Your time is much better spent that way, I assure you.

For example, heres yet another, very general, idea:

Most weapons in these games cause bodies to explode into chunks and gibs. ( and thank goodness for that! ) But what about going the other way? What if we had some weapon that sucked your insides out, and your body collapsed inward into some gooey mess.

Now, I don't even know if the engine would allow for that, nor do I have a model in mind. Sounds like something that would actually have to come up and touch somebody with though. Maybe a vacuuum type weapon. Or maybe a powerup for the sword.

But again, just a general idea. If the team doesn't shoot it down at 1st hearing it, then it can proceed. But being much more specific than that is really not a good use of your time.

G'day
Bruce Slater

Ya man!

Post by Bruce Slater »

r_flagg, you're right. But these are only a "bit" of my ideas. Like I said be-
fore , about 30 weapon ideas'll follow - today I'll imagine the next five
You'll hear enough weapons from me which are "original" - I promise !
And I will try to imagine the weapons good balanced!

And: I WON'T DO only weapons! I'll think about new powerups,armor,
equipment, 3D-Effects , relics, maps, mutators , game types etc. .. , too
(Sorry you guys , I forgot to tell you that!) - I WON'T steal your time with
that - I promise, too!

Thanks, Bruce
Last edited by Bruce Slater on Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce "Rampage" Slater, the escalating Future Extreme with a freakin' , tweakin' skill!!!
Using A3D/EAX
Bruce Slater

Hey JB!

Post by Bruce Slater »

Hey JB !

Tonight I've time to talk with you (if my father don't see me so late :wink:
Then we can talk together about ideas better...
I hope today you've time.....
But DON'T let yourself and/or your family get disturbed by me - if you've
to do something more important - then do it (I can understand you prog-
rammers - you haven't got much time to spend your family, right?
But otherwise we can talk togher on ICQ... :wink:
Using A3D/EAX
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

I thought this was UT, not Serious Sam :lol:

FurrySound{Moo}