Bug Report Thread for CUT2:3 PR3.01

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
jb

Bug Report Thread for CUT2:3 PR3.01

Post by jb »

Patch 3.01 is due out any time now. This thread will be used to report bugs that you find. Ideally we don't want any but that never seems to happen. When you do report a bug please try to include as much as info you have as possible. The key to fixing a bug is to make sure we can repeat it on our systems. Once we can do that the bug is as good as dead. So if you have any details that you think will help please post them with the bug report. For example a copy of your log file is not needed unless you have a way to make it crash every time, etc.... Sorry that we let a few slip through.

(This thread will be locked unit its files are ready)
Last edited by jb on Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jb
UT2004 Rules!!

Post by UT2004 Rules!! »

ok, i dont know if this is in 3.01, but i was wondering how do you import custom spraypaints?
jb

Post by jb »

UT2004 Rules!! wrote:ok, i dont know if this is in 3.01, but i was wondering how do you import custom spraypaints?
See this thread: http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtopic.php?t=3629
Jb
Mad Max RW

Post by Mad Max RW »

In duel the player will sometimes run in place after winning a fight. Kinda happens a lot, actually. Same bug from the last release.
jb

Post by jb »

Mad Max RW wrote:In duel the player will sometimes run in place after winning a fight. Kinda happens a lot, actually. Same bug from the last release.
yea that one kind of fell in the way side as it was not as big as the other ones we went after. Sorry we dropped the ball on that one. We will kill it soon!!!!
Jb
Nemephosis

Post by Nemephosis »

well this hadn't happened before I upgraded to 3.01 so I'm going to assume Chaos is responsible somehow.

I have 4 bots on the red team and 3 on the blue (plus myself for a 4v4.) When I played an Instant Action match after upgrading, I opened the bot roster and found I had two copies of all the bots I already had on both teams, to make it 4 different bots x 2 copies of each for 8 bots on the red team, vs 6 on the blue team. On blue I had 2x Malcom, 2x Brock and 2x Renegade. So I removed one of each of them on both teams, and played a game.

I ended that one, opened the bot roster, and the duplicates were all back. I simply applied the Chaos 3.01 UT4MOD over version 3.

Also, did you make the chaos weapons automatically replace the Epic ones if you use the mutator? Because I can't find an option to make it not do that.
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

There is an option to use Epic's weapons or cycle between Epic and Chaos. Open up the Chaos mut's options.
High Council member of The Generals
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Nem.. can you delete the ChaosUT2.ini and ChaosUT2user.ini (well... try deleting the ChaosUT2.ini only first)? It should regenerate when you start UT2004, but fixes some pathing changes we made which would result in duplicate rosters.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Brandon

Post by Brandon »

When I go to settings and go to change players, there is two of every player, I go to the end of the list and its starts over again, and it wasnt like that in version 3.0. :(
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Here's something:

Every time I try to join a server, it requires me to download all of new Chaos files that I already have! It doesn't seem to be able to detect my new files.

It takes a really long time, too, so now I can't play online :( .
High Council member of The Generals
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

those guys just arent patched up to Version 3.01

wait for the news to spread. in the meantime , you can play on the TOC server for sure , and a few others.
FU

Post by FU »

the rocket launcher is too shiny now :roll:
the crosshair does not dissappear when switching to laser guided rockets 8O
the sniper rifle shells eject from the left side (but Im playing with right handed weapons) :oops:
the water splashes dont work online :evil:
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

I dont know about the others , but the Crosshair not disapearring is supposed to be that way. it had to be changed cause when it Did make your crosshair dissappear , you often lost it for good.
FU

Post by FU »

my server does not show up in the server browser :(
(chaos dm)
jb

Post by jb »

FU wrote:the rocket launcher is too shiny now :roll:
We did not touch this skin or file so no idea why it would change for U..
the crosshair does not dissappear when switching to laser guided rockets 8O
Did Pep answer you question ok?
the sniper rifle shells eject from the left side (but Im playing with right handed weapons) :oops:
Yea if we get lots of people request we can change it..but is it that important??? Just trying to understand good sir...
the water splashes dont work online :evil:
Which weapon? All?
my server does not show up in the server browser
(chaos dm)
Is this still an issue?

Thanks again for your time!
Jb