The UBER GUIDE TO DUEL!

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
General_Sun

The UBER GUIDE TO DUEL!

Post by General_Sun »

This is the The UBER GUIDE TO DUEL from the generals clan.

So far we've covered beginner's topic, and has over lapped quite a bunch into advanced terrority. It's written by General_Giga and me, and we offer people to contribute of course....

So anyways.

http://generals.zclans.com/guides.htm

Check it out guys, and become none newbie.
High Council member of The Generals
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

The Pepito Guide to Duel

Step 1) Hit your opponent.

Step B) Repeat Step A
jb

Post by jb »

Pepito wrote:The Pepito Guide to Duel

Step B) Repeat Step A
The Jb Guide to Duel

1) Hit Pepito

2) Repeate till dead :)

JK..hehehehe
Jb
Rythmix

Re: The UBER GUIDE TO DUEL!

Post by Rythmix »

General_Sun wrote:This is the The UBER GUIDE TO DUEL from the generals clan.

So far we've covered beginner's topic, and has over lapped quite a bunch into advanced terrority. It's written by General_Giga and me, and we offer people to contribute of course....

So anyways.

http://generals.zclans.com/guides.htm

Check it out guys, and become none newbie.
Oh jeez (sliced) :roll: (stuck) (angry)
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

jb wrote:
Pepito wrote:The Pepito Guide to Duel

Step B) Repeat Step A
The Jb Guide to Duel

1) Hit Pepito

2) Repeate till dead :)

3)make blatant spelling errors
I had to fix it sorry ;)
jb

Post by jb »

Nice Guide.

Fact: Heavy does do an extra one or two HP of damage per swing as I wrote that code. I think medium does 1 extra HP of damage....let me check the code later.

I did not have time to read more of it. But I think a comunity guide is a good idea. Are you looking for more additions to this guide? Anyways keep up the good work on it.
Jb
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

I haven't even read it yet, but Im sure there is some DoubleAxe bashing in there, followed by some bastard sword praising. :roll: :roll: :cry:
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
jb

Post by jb »

Rythmix wrote:I haven't even read it yet, but Im sure there is some DoubleAxe bashing in there, followed by some bastard sword praising. :roll: :roll: :cry:
But if you can take the time to read it and provide feedback here to make it better, I think the over all community would be better off with this? yes? no?
Jb
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

jb wrote:
Rythmix wrote:I haven't even read it yet, but Im sure there is some DoubleAxe bashing in there, followed by some bastard sword praising. :roll: :roll: :cry:
But if you can take the time to read it and provide feedback here to make it better, I think the over all community would be better off with this? yes? no?
:P i just like to give sun crap :P he knows he loves me
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Well there isn't....

Yar, more additions would be beautiful. Some more feedback would be too.

I think that this is a good thing... :wink:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hehe. Of course it's cool someone would go to such trouble. Neat.

But if you want feedback - I scanned thru it, and much of it seems to be opinions, rather than a general guide, so to speak. Or taken from the manual, whereas a 'guide' should take up where the manual left off, not repeat it.

For example, you used all caps to say something about not type-killing, when in fact there's nothing wrong with that at all. If you're gonna stop fighting and start chatting, I'm free to get you outta the way and bring in somebody who came to fight.

IRC is for chatting, Duel is for killing. (see what I mean? opinions)

Oh, and if it aims to be the 'guide to Duel', it would have to cover more than just melee. :wink:

And if it aims to be "uber guide to Duel", one could reasonably expect perhaps a map by map breakdown of the Mappers Choice weapons for each map, and how best to use them in that map. :P
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

But RF, guides are opinions. One guy's idea of what's taboo and wrong is another guy's love and right. You see what I mean?

You can state something, but there will always be someone to disagree with you.

Sure sure, someone cover the other stuff (none duel). But i'm not going to do it! (Well actually I might, but doing it map by map is a bit too far I think. Then you could start a whole nalicity site....)

I'll put it up of course, anyone, feel free to write.

As for picking up where the manuel left off, that wasn't my original intention. I didn't want it to be a technical manuel, but rather something that passes on the spirit of duel (in my opinion of course). And I thought that the manuel did it's job rather superbly.
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

R.Flagg wrote:For example, you used all caps to say something about not type-killing, when in fact there's nothing wrong with that at all. If you're gonna stop fighting and start chatting, I'm free to get you outta the way and bring in somebody who came to fight.

IRC is for chatting, Duel is for killing. (see what I mean? opinions)
Ya RF has a point here, this is just my server rule, not a duel rule. And even on my server if you are talking too much, that rule can be overthrown. Make more facts dammit! like bastard sword back swing is easily spammed lol
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
jb

Post by jb »

RFlagg, good points (as always). Anyone else got some stuff to add? I will try to look over it soon!
Jb
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Maybe you can split the guide into a tactical manual and an etiquette guide?

Put all the stuff about chat killing and such in the etiquette guide and then barbarians like me and Flaggy can ignore it and keep killing people in chat. ;)