Horde Hunters 3.7

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
ultrasroma

Horde Hunters 3.7

Post by ultrasroma »

Hi guys

Just wanna thank you!!!!! HH3.7 looks pretty neat. I have played only a few round but I'm already getting addicted 8)

Will let you know in the following days if I meet some issues.Hopefully I won't

Thanks again
ultrasroma

Post by ultrasroma »

OKay I played HH for 3 hours. Here's my 2 cents. First impressions:

Pro:
- You got out from the 2 weeks loop :lol:

-The fact that you could change weapons and take the monsters' too. Especially the crossbow is marvellous.

-Sounds are much more gloomy and "realistic" No more skeletons' cry (oh no...)

-Imps are more easy to kill, and bots will kill them too.

-Other monsters are more tricky to kill.

-you could behead also monsters.

-Great models (Evik Knights, Imps, Skeletons, etc.)

Con:

-Problems with sword animation: if you are going forward, pushing the attack button, your thrust will always head for the abdomen. There should a thrust at shoulder/head level.

-Devil model is way too small and unimpressive. His sword is cool, but doesn't give the idea of neing the most powerful foe.

-Relic of Vengeance should have an explosion effect like the 3.6 one or at least some kind of special effect.

-game crashed twice. Dunno if it's my computer as one of my case's fan broke and my HDs are a little overheating.

Anyway as you see the good things are outnumbering the bad.

Keep it going!!!
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

ultrasroma wrote: -Relic of Vengeance should have an explosion effect like the 3.6 one or at least some kind of special effect.
check settings>chaos>configure relics>Vengance explosion upon death

t
jb

Post by jb »

ultrasroma wrote: -Problems with sword animation: if you are going forward, pushing the attack button, your thrust will always head for the abdomen. There should a thrust at shoulder/head level.
Yea our only modeler was very busy with real world work and other things so the last month we did not have a chance to get to do the final tweaks. So the animations are good, but kind of a mix of old and new. Guess what I am trying to say is that we wanted to spend more time to tweak these just it did not pan out. And delaying the mod any longer was not worth it in our opinion...
ultrasroma wrote: -Devil model is way too small and unimpressive. His sword is cool, but doesn't give the idea of neing the most powerful foe.
Understandable as not every one is going to like every model. We did not want to make it much bigger as it would have to fit through the halls and other areas of maps... But thanks for the feed back!
ultrasroma wrote:-game crashed twice. Dunno if it's my computer as one of my case's fan broke and my HDs are a little overheating.
If/when this happens again take a look at teh chaosut2.log and at the end should have the relvent info on why it crashed. You can send them to me or post here and can see if its something that chaos is causing...or something else.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Jb
ultrasroma

Post by ultrasroma »

Okay after playing another 5 hours on HH, other thoughts:

-Bots are not attacking you anymore>>>>GREAT!!!!

-Crossbow mode is awesome!!!

Some other bugs:

-You figured it out yourself, sometimes it becomes very hard to kill someone in close quarters, especially if all bots are surrounding a monster. Longer weapons should also be able to inflict damage at a short distance (ex: Giant skeleton axes)

- Imps are still prone to get stuck from time to time. Good thing I always use crossbow as I had to kill them with it.

-Gasman need a custom sound when he is hit. Otherwise I'm often confused if I shot him or another bot/player :oops:

Cheers :wink:

PS: last thing I forgot to add: Sometimes when you change weapon from the First person mode to the third person mode (crossbow>melee), the character seems to slide a little bit.