Chaos UT3 progress thread??

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Deathstorm

Chaos UT3 progress thread??

Post by Deathstorm »

Be nice to have one so we would know.
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

To put things in perspective, well over 9 months passed between the release of UT2003 and the first release of CUT2. Chaos for UT2k4 arrived sooner because most of the assets were just be ported from Chaos UT2k3. With a new engine and some completely new and different game mechanics, everything must be rebuilt from the ground-up, including a lot of the game design It is far, far too early to be asking for anything resembling a release date. Or a release date of a release date. Or even a release date of a release date of a release date.

That said, It would be great if more folks post something in the Developer's Journal section of the forums.
High Council member of The Generals
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Unfortunately, things are progressing slowly. RealLife has taken a toll on available coding hours, and it's hard to recruit new coders. We have talked to a couple of guys, but that's progressing slowly as well, and it's early yet to know just how it will turn out. Either way we can certainly still use a (another?) full time coder, who can do weapons and game types, and who is interested in working on what we know as 'Chaos'.

And of course, BU obviously took a hard crash recently, and it affected our web site. I do believe we have a recent backup though, and hopefully that will get back online soon (not sure about the status of the new site that was being made, it's been awhile since we got an update on that).

Best I can suggest at the moment (for those that play UT3 anyway) is to come and spend some time playing VDM with me in the map War-Downtown. As it turns out, that map just happens to play pretty darn well in VDM. And I've been enjoying the change of pace. No nodes or flags to worry about, just kill anything that moves with whatever you can get your hands on.

It's one way to kill time anyway.