big new bug, I think

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
6of192

big new bug, I think

Post by 6of192 »

And, no, I'm not talking about a chrek. :wink: This has happened three times, on two different machines with different OSes, and different ChaosUT versions (1.0 on Win98, 1.1 on WinXP.)

This last time, on the XP machine, I was just doing a practice session against bots in Liandri Central Core. I had a turret going and then got a redeemer. But when I fired the redeemer (in what I think was the direction the turret was looking), shortly after the explosion started the game froze. This has happened at least three times, I believe under similar circumstances of redeemer with turret. On Win98 I could kill UT and reboot normally, but it just wouldn't die in XP.

Hoping you can fix this. It's getting irritating.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Strange.

Sorry to say, but we have not seen this one. And we fired quite a lot of redeemers at and near turrets during our testing.

Very sorry your game is crashing, I know that's a bummer. But for now, I know not what to tell you.

Except for this. If you would be willing to email me your unrealtournament.log file after the next time, it might help the guys to figure it out.

rflagg@mooclan.com

In case you didn't know, that log file will be in your UnrealTournament/System folder. And you have to get a copy of it right after the crash. This file is rewritten with each game, so if you play another game after the crash, we won't get what we need.

Thanks for the report. That is appreciated. Would be even better if I could get you to mail that file. Thanks in advance.