Estimated release date?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
KillerHummingbird

Estimated release date?

Post by KillerHummingbird »

hey, i was wondering if i could get an estimated release date for this project? i know it's alrdy been asked, but i hate looking thru forums, so is there anyway i could find out? thnx :D this looks like it's a great project :)
Fear the hummingbird, for though it may be small, its beak is very sharp.
Modeller for the Wheel of Time - Dungeon Siege
http://zhaph.com/dungeonsiege/wotds
jb

Post by jb »

I would love nothing better then to have a date that I could say for certin we will have it done. However we are even worse then Epic is at predicting dates. Why? All of us are doing this on their spare time. Which means some nights we have tons of time to work on it. Other nights we dont have any time. And since this varies from person to person weak to weak its almost impossible to say when.

However we do know where we stand. We have the code base for the first public version done. Meaning we have what we want to do more or less working. The code will require some tweaking and bug hunting but for the most part its good. However the other ares we are a bit behind like the models. Those got off to a slow start. But we have 2 excellent new people to help and our founder SPA is hard at work with these new people. So I would expect to have them finnishing up soon.

We are allready on IR4 with a 5th IR one week away. With each IR we get closer and closer. Will we be ready in 30 more days? Probably not. But we will should be a heck of a lot closer by then and have a really good idea how far we need to go.

Again I am sorry I can not give you a date. I personally hate it when we have to wait for date from the bigger games (Like DNF). But its better to say I dont know then promise you a date that we can not hit....
Jb
KillerHummingbird

Post by KillerHummingbird »

sounds good :) and i know what ur syaing, its hard to give an even sumwhat accurate release date :P
Fear the hummingbird, for though it may be small, its beak is very sharp.
Modeller for the Wheel of Time - Dungeon Siege
http://zhaph.com/dungeonsiege/wotds