How to Uninstall ChaosUT?

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Akki_Kun

How to Uninstall ChaosUT?

Post by Akki_Kun »

Alright, i need to uninstall chaosUT because i had to replace some files, anbd every time i try to install ChaosUT and basically overwrite everything, i click finish once the installation is done, and my computer gives me the nice friendly blue screen of death. I've tried to find out how to uninstall ChaosUT, but i can't find how to anywhere!
Akki_Kun

Post by Akki_Kun »

Scratch that. I figured out that every godforsaken time i enter or exit a .umod program in any way, be it finishing installation, cancelling, or exiting before the install start, my computer gives me the blue screen of death and shuts down. Plz god help me. Any and all help is welcome, as long as it fixes my stupid computer
jb

Post by jb »

there is always a zip version :)

The easy way is to remove the chaosut2 folder, the remove teh 4/5 files in your main system dir. You may have a left over chaosut entry in your manifiest.ini but that can be edited out as well)....

Of course we want you to keep chaos installed as long as possible...
Jb
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

The UMODTool allows you to open UMod files and uninstall them, as well as giving you options for how to install them and lets you see all the files in them, you can even check the manifest.ini's to see exactly what the UMod will do. If you don't want to manually delete stuff and risk deleting something you shouldn't, it can really be a lifesaver.

http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... t-19b2.zip
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

If you installed with UMOD, the easiest method is to use Add/Remove Programs. Just select UT2004 (don't worry, it won't uninstall your game), and then it will pop up asking which part of UT2004 to uninstall.

That's assuming you ever need the info again, and your machine works. Just FYI.