Um, Not sure where this goes... (Tech support)

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Loki

Um, Not sure where this goes... (Tech support)

Post by Loki »

Okay, so I heard you'd got a new version out. So I downloaded the umod, and all, only to find the file association is borked or somesuch. Well, a little search later I found a tool (which I can't remember or even find! :oops: ) to install it.

So I did.

No confirmation message came up though so I though I may not have installed it. So I did it another two times.

Figuring it *must* be installed by now, I played. But I've noticed a rather disconcerting thing: my bot roster has expanded four times over. That is to say, I have four of every defeault bot (Four Sapphires? I'm in heaven! :lol: ) and four of every CUT2 model too (hence me assuming this is me balls-ing up the install). What this translates to is me having four bots for every one I specify. Which is a pain.

What files would I have to edit to do this? I'm fairly compentent at looking for files and lines in the files to remove.

PS: To add insult to injury, it turned out I'd already had the latest version installed.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

in UT2004/Chaosut/System(or player,aint at the CUT comp) there should be .upl files,make sure there is only one of each

the tool may have extracted without the /Chaosut line,so check the help folder if it has the CUT manual

to fix file association reinstall the patch
Loki

Post by Loki »

Um, which file should there only be one of?
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

ChaosPlayerModels.upl in /ChaosUT/System is one of them

just take a peek in .upl's in /chaosut/system with notepad and delete ones which repeat/you dont need/are copies of the stock .upl's if you see some
jb

Post by jb »

ChaosPlayerModels.upl

See if that helps and see if you have duplicates. Also you may want to remove the xplayersL1,2,3.upl files from your chaosut2\system dir as well.
Jb
Loki

Post by Loki »

(nods head) Yep, deleting the Xplayers files seems to have sorted it. Cheers! :P
jb

Post by jb »

Glad its working for you.
Jb