I need help with it all...

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
[Cla$$Clown]

I need help with it all...

Post by [Cla$$Clown] »

can someone walk me thru installing chaos 3.6 i dunno whats wrong but do i need to unzip with winrar? when i use regular extracter it freezes up and doesnt respond then when i restart the ut folder that i assigned it to go to has a chaos icon but it is imcomplete do to it not repsonding, i dunno what im doing wrong i have the newest patch and im dling ece just incase i dont have it but i think i do... but would nout having ece effect me starting it up at all? cuz i use to have chaos but i had to recover my comp, ne help would b appreciated
[Cla$$Clown]

Post by [Cla$$Clown] »

i got cut2 installed now its called CUT2_PR102 Full_NOUMOD

it installed and all things went to right folders in ut2004 now when i open ut and go to user mods its not there WTF? can someone let me know what im doing wrong..... :(
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but I DO know how to make it run. Make a ut2004.exe shortcut and put in " -MOD=ChaosUT2" at the end of "Target". That should run it, I can't remember how to run the menu though.
[Cla$$Clown]

Post by [Cla$$Clown] »

just tried it..... said that the path was invalid.... y cant it just run like it use to when i had it it was no prblem to run....
[Cla$$Clown]

Post by [Cla$$Clown] »

and i just read that 3355 is the newest patch? i need that 1??? cuz i think i got 3339 still
jb

Post by jb »

[Cla$$Clown],

sorry for your troubles. Its always a good idea to have the latest patch so please try to get the 3355 patch. And yes the ECE is required.

For PR3.6, you should have a chaosut2 folder in your ut2004 dir that is approx 680mb.

Yes you need the ECE as we use a few items from the ECE and with out it Chaos will not start up (You will get a crash if you try it with out the ECE installed).

Any program that can open/extract a zip file should work. If your having errors maybe its a bad download? Aslo if you can the UMOD version is a bit easier to install (however we know that not all the folks can use the UMOD version).

Do you see chaos as one of the mods in the community menu when you start normal UT2004???
Jb
[Cla$$Clown]

Post by [Cla$$Clown] »

no i cant c it in community, let me install 3355 and c what happens.....
i doubt change ne thing but it might
[Cla$$Clown]

Post by [Cla$$Clown] »

i can c chaos options in the dropdown menu now, but when i tried to play instant action to c if it would work, when i got to the mod part chaos UT2 was there so i selected it, then it came up and i hit open and it crashed lol heres what it said...

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2669 MHz with 502MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (3722)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (moButton Package.moButton @ Function XInterface.GUIMenuOption.InternalOnChange : 0035) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (moButton Package.moButton, Function XInterface.moButton.InternalOnClick) <- UObject::ProcessDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
[Cla$$Clown]

Post by [Cla$$Clown] »

damit i got into instant action with chaos stuff but when i picked up ne chaos weapons ut crashes lol NOW WHAT? it stil isnt in my community i jus went to instant action then KOTH and in mods put in CUT2 and hit config, it was fine till i tried to use chaos stuff
jb

Post by jb »

Can you post the contents of your chaosut2.log file (found in the \ut2004\chaosut2\system folder)
Jb
[Cla$$Clown]

Post by [Cla$$Clown] »

i dont have an actual directory to chaos it all is in different folders, when i unziped all went to the right folders, animations, textures, system ect....

heres the names of the chaos files that r in the ut2004/system folder...

Chaosgames.u Chaosgames.ucl ChaosGames_UI.u ChaosUT.INT chaosut.u chaosUT.ucl

this is kinda takin awhile to fix lol i know u want to fix the problems that ppl ask but if this is gonna b a problem could u just post a good link for the chaos version that u recommend PLZ and how to install
jb

Post by jb »

Thats not good. All chaos files should be in the chaosut2 dir except for 4/5 int/dt files :(

Maybe try to re-install it???
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

[Cla$$Clown] wrote:i got cut2 installed now its called CUT2_PR102 Full_NOUMOD
[Cla$$Clown] wrote: ... could u just post a good link for the chaos version that u recommend PLZ and how to install
PR3.6 is the version you want, UMOD is best - http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... l_umod.zip

Here are the install instructions -
http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/install_ut2004.php

If you use the zip file, the instructions also detail how to install it.
jb

Post by jb »

[Cla$$Clown],

did you get it working yet?
Jb