Chaos Mutator doesn't show up on Mutator list

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
ShadowMachine

Chaos Mutator doesn't show up on Mutator list

Post by ShadowMachine »

The title says it all. is that bad? I appriciate your help.

thanks
ShadowMachine
I hate snipers. You should have the guts to look a man in the eye before killing him.
-Wallace
Sin City Volume 7:Hell and Back

jb

Re: Chaos Mutator doesn't show up on Mutator list

Post by jb »

I take it you are trying to get chaos to work in normal UT2k4? If so you did you follow the directions in the manual:
Note: You can use the Chaos Mutator w/o Activating Chaos Mod, even after a zip install!

To use the ChaosUT2 mutator in normal UT2004, without activating the Chaos mod, simply open your UT2004.ini file, found in your UT2004\System folder, and add these lines in the [Core.System] section:

Paths=../ChaosUT2/System/*.u
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../ChaosUT2/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Animations/*.ukx
let us know if you tried that...
Jb
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Hmm... A log could come in handy. It's in C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.log
Well, unless you installed to a diffrent place. Just right click UT2004 shortcut, click "properties" and then "find target". It should open System folder.
ShadowMachine

Post by ShadowMachine »

I'm afraid that the those lines are already in the .ini file. but Tim, do you think that the log would help figure out whats wrong?

Thanks guys
ShadowMachine
I hate snipers. You should have the guts to look a man in the eye before killing him.
-Wallace
Sin City Volume 7:Hell and Back

jb

Post by jb »

ShadowMachine wrote:I'm afraid that the those lines are already in the .ini file. but Tim, do you think that the log would help figure out whats wrong?
yes as it will tell you why chaos did not load.
Jb
Yahooadam

Post by Yahooadam »

Is it an availible turn on thing

Goto
Community -> User Mods

And try activating cut if its there .....

The log would be a good idea still .....
R.Flags Announcement wrote:IF you do have any issues, please copy/paste the contents of your log file, instead of any error message that pops up on your screen. The log file is usually where the useful info is located.

- If you are playing a standard game type with the Chaos mut, the log you want is UT2004.log, and it is located in your UT2004\System folder.

- If you are playing a Chaos game type, the log you want is ChaosUT2.log, and it is located in your UT2004\ChaosUT2\System folder.

The log file is overwritten each time you play, so wait for the issue to occur, and then go copy/paste the log file at that time.