Cant Open Umod

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Nerdz

Cant Open Umod

Post by Nerdz »

Well I downloaded the Umod for Chaos UT, have the ece bonus pack and the latest patch, and for some reason I cant open the Umod file.

Ive noticed I cant open Umod files above 50MB for some odd reason. I dont know if this is a question for you guys or the UT tech support people.

But, other umod files install just fine.

Ive reinstalled twice and it still does it.
jb

Post by jb »

Hmmm, we notcied that after installing the ECE it breaks umods. Can you just reinstall the last UT patch and try that?
Jb
Nerdz

Post by Nerdz »

Well heres the order I did it in when I reinstalled

Install
Patch
ECE Bonus pack

Well I Did what you said, and it works! It does take some time to load, but thats because its a 700MB umod.

Thanks!I would have never of thought of that.
jb

Post by jb »

Glad its working for you...not sure why Epic never fixed that bug..oh well.. enjoy :)
Jb
Yahooadam

Post by Yahooadam »

you cant install the latest patch till u install ece anyway ... (latest is 3355)
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Yahooadam wrote:you cant install the latest patch till u install ece anyway ... (latest is 3355)
nope,but i think you couldnt install ece til' you install the patch
Yahooadam

Post by Yahooadam »

TKATK wrote:
Yahooadam wrote:you cant install the latest patch till u install ece anyway ... (latest is 3355)
nope,but i think you couldnt install ece til' you install the patch
you need to install 1 of the earlier patches to install ece

but on the site they say u need ece for the latest patch :s
Nerdz

Post by Nerdz »

I know this is off topic, but while were on the subject of UT can someone explain this?

Ok Sometime ago (with the same graphics card I have a radeon 9600 pro) I got great FPS no matter how many bots there were...Now I get sucky FPS even if there is 1 Bot..(30fps and lower...)

My system is pretty powerful...I think I may have overclocked it too much one time..But Im at 2.2Ghz...and nothing I do to the graphics card changes the fps..I can increase it and nothing happens...Although I do get greater scores in benchmarking, it doesnt improve my fps in UT2k4.

Ive tried many drivers (versions...from 4.8 to the latest) and even omega drivers..And still get nothing.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Nerdz wrote:I know this is off topic, but while were on the subject of UT can someone explain this?

Ok Sometime ago (with the same graphics card I have a radeon 9600 pro) I got great FPS no matter how many bots there were...Now I get sucky FPS even if there is 1 Bot..(30fps and lower...)

My system is pretty powerful...I think I may have overclocked it too much one time..But Im at 2.2Ghz...and nothing I do to the graphics card changes the fps..I can increase it and nothing happens...Although I do get greater scores in benchmarking, it doesnt improve my fps in UT2k4.

Ive tried many drivers (versions...from 4.8 to the latest) and even omega drivers..And still get nothing.
i would suggest fiddling with settings(reduce mouse lag,preload character models,voice recognition and text-to-voice are prime examples of FPS killing options)

Running virus/trojan/spyware scans

Checking if it happens in other games too