UT2k4/ChaosUT2 online compatibility issue

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.

UT2k4/ChaosUT2 online compatibility issue

Post by Guest »

I am truly sorry if this has been addressed before; I just got done searching for threads on this, and I hope I didn't overlook it. Anyway, it seems that your DuelAnnouncer class prevents me from joining or rather staying connected to certain UT2k4 servers. As in, I am "forcibly removed from the game" because of "security" issues. That class is specifically addressed. Again I'm sorry if this has been covered before; I am still relatively new to this mod plus I still only know the basics of online play. Thanks for your time.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

ChaosUT should in NO way affect regular UT2004(unless you added a few too many paths into your ini),unless you boot it via community menu

i suspect you buggered the install,as i have never encountered that bug

no clue...

Post by Guest »

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about! I know what an .ini file is like everyone else and that you can modify it if you choose, but that's the extent of my knowledge. And I never boot it from the community menu, I always use the mutator. And another thing that I know nothing about is something called "Anti-TCC." I think it's servers with "that" that kick me off.
jb

Post by jb »

Durandal,

what server are you on when you try to join? As I am not sure why this happens so I would like to see the error (that wil help us fix it). Thanks and sorry for the trouble!
Jb
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Just that you know, AntiTCC is anti-cheat thingy. Just like PunkBuster and stuff. Am I right?

And have you installed zip of umod?

Post by Guest »

Not cheating, that I know of at least, Tim. All I know is that Anti-TCC kicks me off because of the DuelAnnouncer class. I will get you a log ASAP jb...just have to find another server with that Anti-TCC thing and I'm sure that I'll get kicked off again because it happened 3 times in a row. And umm I downloaded and installed the Chaos Unreal Module to answer your other question.
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Tim wrote:Just that you know, AntiTCC is anti-cheat thingy. Just like PunkBuster and stuff. Am I right?

And have you installed zip of umod?
It checks for files that could have been used for cheating. ANd it is very parioniod. Many false positives.
High Council member of The Generals