Scanned all threads in this forum...

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
unrealshredder

Scanned all threads in this forum...

Post by unrealshredder »

I recently had to completely wipe out my whole /UT2004 directory. Now I have actually OWNED the ECE from the beginning. Just wanted to get that out of the way, because this is not an ECE issue. Anyway I reinstalled just about everything that I still wanted--problem is I can't remember what order I installed everything! Well now...I believe that CUT2 is the first thing I installed, then 3369, then a bunch of other less relevant stuff. CUT2: Evolution and your arena mutator show up in my MUT list but all of your custom gametypes are missing. I guess that's the only thing wrong, I'm not sure though. Probably something about an .ini file huh? Lol, I have no clue.
jb

Post by jb »

You can check the chaosut2.log file for error message (found in your ut2004\chaosut2\system dir).

The gametypes are listed in the chaosgames.ucl so that should be there.. Did you use the UMOD or ZIP file to install? Maybe re-inestalling it will do the trick...
Jb
unrealshredder

Post by unrealshredder »

I had already tried reinstalling CUT2...more than once--and tell me if this is not recommended but I simply went into my ChaosUT2\System and copied the ChaosGames.ucl file and pasted it into my UT2004\System and the gametypes appear now. Reinstalling wasn't doing the trick for whatever reason. Oh and I think I had reinstalled CUT2 two different ways. Meaning I installed the UMOD thinking that my current ChaosUT2 directory would be overwritten, but I'm not sure if it was or not. And the second time I deleted the ChaosUT2 directory and reinstalled...gametypes still wouldn't appear. Oh sorry yeah I have never installed via .ZIP, always UMOD. And apparently I didn't have a log file to check in the UT2004\Chaosut2\System. And finally I have always used your mutator version--never really ran the mod too much. Do me a favor, can you tell me the exact names of all CUT2 files that should be in my UT2004, not ChaosUT2 \System? Are they:

ChaosGames.int
ChaosGames.ucl
ChaosUT.int
ChaosUT2.ucl

That doesn't seem right to me but I guess all I can do is play for a bit and see if everything appears to be working right.
jb

Post by jb »

No thats not how it should work as you dont wnat to move any files.

In your UT2004\system dir you should have:

Chaosgames.int
ChaosUT.int
ChaosUT2.ucl

In your UT2004\chaosut2\system dir you should have:
ChaosGames.ucl

Did you download the full PR3.6 as there are some things missing with that and the ECE version? Can you activate our mod via the community tab our launch our gui???

Maybe its best if you remove the chaosut2 dir and the chaos files from the system dir. Install the PR3.6 UMOD. Then you should be able to run a chaosgame using the shortcut provided by the umod..see this for more info: http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/install_ut2004.php
Jb
unrealshredder

Post by unrealshredder »

Well for now I have resigned myself to activating the mod, even though I prefer to use the mutator. So, yes I did download the full PR3.6 quite some time ago, and like I just mentioned I am able to activate the mod via the community tab, if I want to.

Anyway, I have reinstalled the PR3.6 UMOD more times than I can count. And before the last install I actually searched for every file/folder on my whole computer having to do with Chaos, and removed them.

Now back to using the mutator side of the UMOD installation:
Your gametypes ARE supposed to show up under 'custom gametypes' within UT2004, right? I have gotten so confused in all of this that I'm not even sure anymore. If they aren't, then I feel like a complete idiot, because I must've messed with the files myself before, too. I just know that right now, your ChaosUT2: Evolution and Chaos Arena mutator show up in my mutator list...but I cannot see a list of your gametypes under 'custom gametypes' nor can I search for CUT2 servers within UT2004 because your gametypes don't show up in that list, either.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

It can be confusing, this whole business with activating mods thru the community button vs. mutators, etc.

But the answer to your question is no. You do not get the game types if you are using the regular way of starting the game.

You must first activate the mod to see the game types.

Here's the bit you needed from the manual:

"Starting ChaosUT2: with the game types

To start a game with the Chaos game types, you must first hit the 'Community' tab in the main UT2004 menu in order to load the Chaos mod. -(NOTE: Using the custom ChaosUT2 desktop shortcut will start your game with the Chaos mod already loaded, so that you can skip this step.)"

http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/start_ut2004.php

But fyi - the online manual is in the process of being updated to be ready for release of 4.0, so if you do poke around further keep that in mind. Some stuff you'll see in the online manual right now does not apply to 3.6 version.
unrealshredder

Post by unrealshredder »

Yeah I can't even remember why I ever messed with the ChaosUT2 file paths. Ironically I was reading the offline manual again for PR3.6 when I got the email notification that you had replied. I had read it before, but that was several months ago. Everything is fine now, and I won't be messing with files again lol. Thanks. Has to be the dumbest computer thing I've ever done.
Bruce9950

Post by Bruce9950 »

Hey that's not really dumb at all.As you saw it doesn't take much to screw everything up.Take it from me i've done it many a time.(not late :D ly thank god) at least you did not have to do a who;e PC reformatt.that used to be a regular thing a few yrs ago.Hang in there :lol:
Head Shot (ooooooooooooh i love that)Ha Ha Ha Ha.