[resolved] GPF - ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Alopexau

[resolved] GPF - ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController

Post by Alopexau »

Exactly the same error here too, and If i run it from the community menu, i get this:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2803 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (Omega 3.8.221) (6599)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package PortraitS) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (PortraitS 2972724) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (Effigyportrait 2972724) <- ULinkerLoad::Create <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Material EffigyTextures.PortraitS.EffigyPortrait NULL) <- CacheParseLine::Players <- UxUtil::CacheLoad <- UxUtil::CacheGet <- UxUtil::execGetPlayerRecord <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController, Function XInterface.GUIController.InitializeController) <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Yes I have UT fully updated, and no i've never had trouble loading a mod before, not even CUT3.6.
Alopexau

Post by Alopexau »

R.Flagg, ok, what missing files? I have the megapack installed, so it can't be UT required files.. and the zip I downloaded of CUT seemed the right size... I would try grabbing a copy from a different mirror but dammit I don't have the bandwidth to download it all again this month.
Alopexau

Post by Alopexau »

I am using a correctly and triple checked install of the full version of 3.7, and it's the ZIP release, not the UMOD. I have the megapack installed, which covers all patches and ECE content to date.

I downloaded it from the mizzao.tk mirror. Could there be something wrong with a particular mirror of the file?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I have split this off of the other thread, because I was having trouble keeping track of each person's issue.
Alopexau wrote:Could there be something wrong with a particular mirror of the file?
I don't think so, but I can try and verify just to be sure.
Alopexau

Post by Alopexau »

Yeah, um, I'm totally lost now... I just reinstalled it, exactly how i did last time, fired it up and the damn thing works! and is continuing to work as normal.
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Seems that has fixed several people's installations now... but doesn't really determine what the cause is.
Alopexau

Post by Alopexau »

Strange... there is definitely a bug in there, but it's a real headscratcher. If it starts acting dodgy on me again i'll be back with logs.
jb

Post by jb »

Glad its working for you!!!
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Alopexau wrote:Strange... there is definitely a bug in there, but it's a real headscratcher. If it starts acting dodgy on me again i'll be back with logs.
No better place to look for 'dodgy' stuff than online with other humans.

Come on out sometime. Tell us what sucks and what's, well... "leet" or whatever the kids are saying today. Hell, we might even listen. flaggrules
Alopexau

Post by Alopexau »

Hm, never really played outside LAN before, I've been having instability issues with my ISP of late and my mouse doesn't even have a scrollwheel, but I'll have a think about it, ty :)