Error In Duel Mode

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
CarrierII

Error In Duel Mode

Post by CarrierII »

Having just spotted a new release this might be putting my foot in my mouth but I kep receiving this error when playing a one on one duel against the default model "Renegade" with the game speed at 0.7 (via mutator), and Slow motion corpses and Low gravity mutator also activated:
Oh and the map was "Duel - Cyberspace"

Code: Select all

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2002 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9550  (6587)

ChaosDuelDeathMessage None (Function XGame.xDeathMessage.GetString:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ChaosDuelHUD Duel-Cyberspace.ChaosDuelHUD @ Function XInterface.HudBase.LocalizedMessage : 00E8) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ChaosDuelPlayerController Duel-Cyberspace.ChaosDuelPlayerController @ Function Engine.PlayerController.ReceiveLocalizedMessage : 004C) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (MeleeKatanaAttachment Duel-Cyberspace.MeleeKatanaAttachment, Function ChaosUT.MeleeKatanaAttachment.Timer) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Chaos Cyberspace <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

?!
Thought you could read it... I can't :/ Hope this helps.
CarrierII
p.s Well done, great mod.
jb

Post by jb »

CarrierII,

can you try it with OUT those muts and see if it crashes? Then if not add them back one at a time to see which mut it does not like as best guess know is that its a combination of those muts with the melee death cam thats causing your trouble...
Jb
MassChAoS

Re: Error In Duel Mode

Post by MassChAoS »

CarrierII wrote:Having just spotted a new release this might be putting my foot in my mouth

If by this you mean that you got this error on the 3.6 release, then you are putting your foot in your mouth. Duel will crash on every first human death in 3.6 if you have the 3369 patch (Epic changed something that broke it). Grab 3.7.
jb

Post by jb »

Ahh thanks mass. Yes PR3.6 Duel will crash every time you Die if you have the latest version of UT2k4 installed. PR3.7 fixes that.
Jb
CarrierII

Post by CarrierII »

Thank you.
very much. I knew it hated me lol
jb

Post by jb »

Just hoping you got it to work!
Jb