Hyper CTF as a voteable option?

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
frispy

Hyper CTF as a voteable option?

Post by frispy »

Looking to add hyper CTF to one of our servers, but only as a voteable option. Can this be done? If so how?

Thanks for reading.
Regards,

[_]frisp
jb

Post by jb »

We have it as a votable option but our server runs Chaos all the time. But what I think you mean is that can you at it on a server that does not run Chaos all the time? The answer still should yes, however that meants your clients will have to have the mod install. But to be honest I have never tried it like that so, maybe Heheman can help as he has set up servers like that...
Jb
frispy

Post by frispy »

Thanks for the reply. Yes I would like to add hyper CTF as a voteable on an otherwise "normal" server.
Regards,

[_]frisp
jb

Post by jb »

Frispy,

I dont have the needed info to help you, but I sent a PM to another user (heheman3000) as he has set up servers to do this type of thing before. Hopefully he can chime in and help. Sorry about that...
Jb
frispy

Post by frispy »

Thanks jb, will wait for the info :D
Regards,

[_]frisp
heheman3000

Post by heheman3000 »

Yo,

What you want to do first is add your ChaosUT2 files to the Paths= section under [Core.System] . Then you need to copy the .ucl file over to the main /System folder (not the ChaosUT2/System) if you want to be able to see the gametype from your webadmin menu. (You don't need to copy this file if you don't care about that.) Once the files are pathed then you can just add ChaosGames.HyperCTF (I don't know what the actual classname is because I haven't installed 3.75 yet) to your voting manager, and you're all set.

If your players don't all have Chaos you might want to consider putting it on redirect, although only if you have a fast server and your players are reasonably dedicated.
[url]ut2004://82.165.176.170:7777[/url] - RPG Invasion, I really want some sort of melee chaos invasion on there!
[url]ut2004://82.165.176.170:8777[/url] - Chaos gametypes (all melee except CTF), and lots of other random fun.
frispy

Post by frispy »

Thanks for that, will give it a whirl :D
Regards,

[_]frisp