Client side Key Bindings

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
potato

Client side Key Bindings

Post by potato »

Hello, have a dedicated server running chaos mut everything works great. fired up a clean client... downloaded all chaos files from my redirect(took a while lol) everything on the client was fine (all weapons, vehicles, etc worked) except no Key Bindings for AWO and such... not even the defaults indicated in the online manual. E.g. 'H' key didn't work the grapple. Am i doing something wrong? Will the ini file with the Key Bindings on the server affect the clients? Or is there some way to push Key Bindings for clients that haven't actually installed chaos but instead downloaded it all from a redirect?
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

We recommend that a client have Chaos installed from an installation file (zip or umod) rather than downloading from a redirect. Second, make sure you have the Chaos mutator running. Grapple and such don't work without the Chaos mutator (which is loaded by default in a Chaos gametype, I believe).
jb

Post by jb »

potato,

not sure if thats possible on how you would activate the keybindings that way. Let me check around to see if there is a fix...
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Mass is correct. But just to expand on that a bit: we do recommend installling mods first, before joining the game server, and you've just encountered one reason why. They will not get all the GUI stuff, which makes it tougher to bind your keys.

However, you can still do it the long way if you want. Just open your ChaosUT2User.ini and make the binds you want. This is a list taken from <a href="http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/configs_ut2004.php " target="_blank">configs page</a> of online manual (you can of course replace the keys with any of your choice):

Actions:
L=mutate UseBelt
M=mutate Kick
N=mutate SprayPaint
O=mutate Hook
P=changeammo
Q=ChaosWeaponOption
R=dropflag
S=changeammo
T=mutate HookUp
U=mutate DropRelic

Weapons:
a=getweapon ChaosUT.Vortex
b=getweapon ChaosUT.Crossbow
c=getweapon ChaosUT.CGL
d=getweapon ChaosUT.ERDW
e=getweapon ChaosUT.Cutter
f=getweapon ChaosUT.CUTRifle
g=getweapon ChaosUT.Claw
h=getweapon ChaosUT.CPP
i=getweapon ChaosUT.MUG
j=getweapon ChaosUT.CUTRocketLauncher
k=getweapon ChaosUT.TurretLauncher

I realize not everyone agrees on this issue, but I recommend not even allowing large mods to be redirected. For example, FurrySound used to do that on his server when it was the 'official' Chaos server, and he put the info about where to get the mod in his server message (not sure how Jb has it set up now).

Anyway, let us know if this helps or not. And thanks for playing.
heheman3000

Post by heheman3000 »

Yeah...looks like flagg got it. I actually have my User.ini set up to cycle through binds for different mods with the press of some buttons, which helps so I don't have to restart UT every time I want to play something else on my server.
[url]ut2004://82.165.176.170:7777[/url] - RPG Invasion, I really want some sort of melee chaos invasion on there!
[url]ut2004://82.165.176.170:8777[/url] - Chaos gametypes (all melee except CTF), and lots of other random fun.