Explosive Crossbow ammo in Chaos UT

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
cannonade

Explosive Crossbow ammo in Chaos UT

Post by cannonade »

For Chaos UT99, I'm having some trouble getting the explosive crossbow ammo to work.

I can put an explosive crossbow into a map with the ammo in the editor and it shows up fine. When I play the game in UT, the weapon shows but not the ammunition. I don't have trouble with ammo for the ordinary crossbow.

A friend of mine however does not get the same problem and it works fine. Could anyone help me with this?
Pushka the Cannon - Cannonade strikes again!
cannonade

Post by cannonade »

Solved the problem now!

If you want to use the Explosive Crossbow in a map, don't align the ammo with the floor! Just put it in and leave it how it is; it appears to disappear if you try and move them closer to the ground, even though they don't vanish in the editor.
Pushka the Cannon - Cannonade strikes again!
jb

Re: Explosive Crossbow ammo in Chaos UT

Post by jb »

Sorry we did not have a chance to get back to your issue but glad you got it fixed!

We have seen that before when the model and the collision don't exactly align. Thats what happens when the ammo is subclassed from another UT ammo (it gets all of its values including those for collision and prepivot).

What you can do is turn on the collision of the ammo, then in the display section play with the pre-pivot values and that should get them to align nicely so you can set them flat.

Let me know if you need more help getting them to do that...
Jb